Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-30-2013, 05:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Anyone want to trade for Husqvarna RZ54?

I have a Husqvarna RZ5426 ZTR Great condition, 1 year old, that I hardly ever use because my lawns are so small. Im looking for a good commercial zero turn with a smaller deck. Will trade up with some cash.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Oh yea..I'll travel
Old 08-30-2013, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats the asking price. Can you get a bagger for this model?
Old 08-30-2013, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

if a 54 is to big you might want to check out a 36" stander. I used to have a 54" ztr and 48" walk behind. I switched to 2 36" standers and I can knock out some lawns now. If your account are smaller than 1/2 acre you cant beat the smaller standers. A 36" stander can cut as much grass as a 48" stander in an open field, but you can fit into smaller gates, around trees, over humps in the ground, and with the 36" you dont scalp nearly as much. I can cut 20-25 lawns in one day with one helper and one 36" stander. Check them out.

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 08-30-2013, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexschultz1 View Post
if a 54 is to big you might want to check out a 36" stander. I used to have a 54" ztr and 48" walk behind. I switched to 2 36" standers and I can knock out some lawns now. If your account are smaller than 1/2 acre you cant beat the smaller standers. A 36" stander can cut as much grass as a 48" stander in an open field, but you can fit into smaller gates, around trees, over humps in the ground, and with the 36" you dont scalp nearly as much. I can cut 20-25 lawns in one day with one helper and one 36" stander. Check them out.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I have the 54" ZTR and a Troy-Bilt Wb (my first year) and a Honda pushmower. come to find out the majority of my accounts we end up using the pushmower for the quality cut. I use the ZTR on a few large areas and if we're pushed for time and the WB I use on one property with a gate. So.. I figure I can get rid of them both and do fine with a 48" Stand on. Im kinda leaning heavily twards a Scag V-Ride with the velocity deck and just have that and a pushmower. Thoughts?
Old 08-31-2013, 01:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

the stander is a heavy machine, so compared to a walk behind, they will leave a little more damage to the grass. HOWEVER, you will only notice a difference if the ground is soggy. A walk behind mower will be lighter on the turf and be easier to handle on hills, but you will be beat up on the sulky and you wont be nearly as fast. A stander gives you the ability to turn faster and zip in and out of tricky situations. (think about vacuuming under a couch) with a walk behind you have to go into a tricky situation and be able to turn around or reverse with a sulkly, both of which are tricky and slow. a stander can go in and reverse out. This happens WAY more than you imagine.

It seems like you purchased the 54 on an impulse and realized it wasnt the right tool for the job. I did the exact same thing and paid for it later. We get this idea ingrained into our head that we need to have the same equipment that other larger companies have, so we can be as productive as them. this idea kinda bites us in the rear when we figure out that they have multiple commercial accounts and acreage to cut. my client base is almost all residential (3 commercial) so my properties are based in cookie cutter neighborhoods with lawns 3/4than acre or less. I still have a couple lawns that are 2 + acres, but we just double team them with the 2 36's.

I

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 08-31-2013, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have a customer with a new great Dane 34" stander for $2850. It is full commercial has 6 hours on it. He said its never been used. The factory had them at $3500 each in an auction and he got excited and bought a lot of 10 when they went out of business, but didn't end up using them all.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:43 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
I have a customer with a new great Dane 34" stander for $2850. It is full commercial has 6 hours on it. He said its never been used. The factory had them at $3500 each in an auction and he got excited and bought a lot of 10 when they went out of business, but didn't end up using them all.
aaaand im OMW

Tags
54" , husqvarna , rz5426 , ztr