Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-01-2013, 02:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip25521 View Post
Ok, I'll try that. I get grass throw all over me sometimes.
The more tightly baffled the deck is under there, the less room there is for the airflow to come out the chute and it has to go somewhere, so it comes out the front since the front edge is higher than the sides and rear skirting. That's why we get covered by crap. Opening it up by taking those two plates out won't cure everything, but will go a long ways in helping you out.

The wavy blades not only create airflow in the horizontal plane like the high lifts, but they also create airflow in the vertical plane due to the wavy design, which forces a lot of the debris down into the turf and almost totally eliminates front skirt blowout.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
The more tightly baffled the deck is under there, the less room there is for the airflow to come out the chute and it has to go somewhere, so it comes out the front since the front edge is higher than the sides and rear skirting. That's why we get covered by crap. Opening it up by taking those two plates out won't cure everything, but will go a long ways in helping you out.

The wavy blades not only create airflow in the horizontal plane like the high lifts, but they also create airflow in the vertical plane due to the wavy design, which forces a lot of the debris down into the turf and almost totally eliminates front skirt blowout.
I seem to have fixed the issue. I took out the two inner baffles, went ahead and out a set of new blades on I had and re leveled the deck once again. The deck, when set to 3 inches, was at 3 and about 1/16 inch on the closed side of the deck. The open side of the deck was at 2 and 7/8, maybe a little higher. I think since the deck was pointing down (throwing grass at the ground) maybe that was contributing to the problem. Anyway, one of the three or a combination of the three fixed the issue.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip25521 View Post
I seem to have fixed the issue. I took out the two inner baffles, went ahead and out a set of new blades on I had and re leveled the deck once again. The deck, when set to 3 inches, was at 3 and about 1/16 inch on the closed side of the deck. The open side of the deck was at 2 and 7/8, maybe a little higher. I think since the deck was pointing down (throwing grass at the ground) maybe that was contributing to the problem. Anyway, one of the three or a combination of the three fixed the issue.
Good to hear.

Tags
blades , john deere , scag , wet , z trak