Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-30-2013, 05:43 PM
JohnnyRocker JohnnyRocker is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 683
I suppose these are like any form of leads. If you low ball everything, then you will get every lead, lol. It is what it is. As for LandscapeData...they are not really a lead company...it's a guy who has a lawn business that gives you a list of apartment complexes with the mangers name basically. Wow! What a service! lol
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-30-2013, 05:47 PM
JCLawn and more's Avatar
JCLawn and more JCLawn and more is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 4,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRocker View Post
I suppose these are like any form of leads. If you low ball everything, then you will get every lead, lol. It is what it is. As for LandscapeData...they are not really a lead company...it's a guy who has a lawn business that gives you a list of apartment complexes with the mangers name basically. Wow! What a service! lol
For me people find me out of desperation and will pay any price for the most part.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-30-2013, 10:45 PM
McFarland_Lawn_Care's Avatar
McFarland_Lawn_Care McFarland_Lawn_Care is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sedgwick, Maine
Posts: 1,094
The leads I get are pretty decent and most turn into full time customers eventually. Got one from SM yesterday, gave price for full day cleanup and chipping job for crew of two - yup, no problem, when can you do it? And we are NOT lowballing by any stretch!!! lol
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-31-2013, 08:38 AM
wbw's Avatar
wbw wbw is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: houston tx
Posts: 4,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRocker View Post
I suppose these are like any form of leads. If you low ball everything, then you will get every lead, lol. It is what it is.
Indeed, it is what it is. It is an excellent source of leads. Homeowners looking for qualified and insured contractors. Every lead is not viable...not even close. It is however a very cost effective source of new customers, my average cost of acquisition through SM is $52. My customer base has a value of $1500 per customer. This is a no brainer. The only complaint I have with SM is not enough leads.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-02-2013, 01:59 PM
JohnnyRocker JohnnyRocker is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbw View Post
Indeed, it is what it is. It is an excellent source of leads. Homeowners looking for qualified and insured contractors. Every lead is not viable...not even close. It is however a very cost effective source of new customers, my average cost of acquisition through SM is $52. My customer base has a value of $1500 per customer. This is a no brainer. The only complaint I have with SM is not enough leads.
Great to hear that. Did you have any reservations regarding giving them your SS#?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 8,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeLawncareSolutions View Post
Thumbtack is really good. Check that out.
Thought they were ok until I noticed every third lead or so was mapped to the same half mile cul de sac. I smell fake leads internally generated.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-02-2013, 04:15 PM
JohnnyRocker JohnnyRocker is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 683
Weird. I know you have to pay to even know where the lead is located, besides the zip code. If these are fake, you would think they wouldn't be as obvious.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 8,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRocker View Post
Weird. I know you have to pay to even know where the lead is located, besides the zip code. If these are fake, you would think they wouldn't be as obvious.
Nope the general area is located on the original lead offer and I have gotten a dozen on Highwater drive off Hwy 54. Too coincidental. I have had a few good leads but I think they are just padding the leads now. It worked good at first until I noticed the pattern. Then I started getting info pertaining to leads I never responded to.

Last edited by Patriot Services; 09-02-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-02-2013, 06:27 PM
McFarland_Lawn_Care's Avatar
McFarland_Lawn_Care McFarland_Lawn_Care is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sedgwick, Maine
Posts: 1,094
I'm on there but got nothing from them EVER....maybe I don't have it setup right.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-02-2013, 06:45 PM
JohnnyRocker JohnnyRocker is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Nope the general area is located on the original lead offer and I have gotten a dozen on Highwater drive off Hwy 54. Too coincidental. I have had a few good leads but I think they are just padding the leads now. It worked good at first until I noticed the pattern. Then I started getting info pertaining to leads I never responded to.
On mine, they release the zip code, then after you respond, and pay, the customer can give you the addy. I've responded to a handful of leads, and did get one biweekly account. The worst account I have...but it IS an account, however.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:33 AM.

Page generated in 0.08493 seconds with 9 queries