Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-10-2013, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you for the honest review. I demoed one today the outlaw xp. I paid down on it and it is on its way. This will be my first brand new mower in the history of the business. I am a nervous wreck. I'm forty years old and have never paid $8200 for anything in my life. I'm paying cash for this thing. This is a huge investment for me.
1978 F-350 Dump Truck
1988 Z-71 Chevy 4x4 Meyers Plow
2005 Chevy HD 2500 6.0
2013 61" Bad Boy Outlaw XP 36 Vanguard
2013 54" Bad Boy Outlaw Stander Kawasaki
2014 48" Wright Walk Behind
1995 36" Scag Walk Behind
Old 07-10-2013, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Member

@123hotdog

I think that's a great mower. Keep us updated. I am very interested in the czt elite. Compared to buying a used mower for 4-5k when I can buy one new for 6k.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-12-2013, 02:50 AM
LawnSite Member

So far I like the mower , the vanguard engine has power to spare , the suspension is great , after a few small problems it seems to be smooth sailing so I hope it continues. I will update if I have any other problems.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I do see a decent amount of them around, but I have never been a big fan of Bad Boy mowers.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THORNTON SERVICES LLC View Post
An update , thanks for the input the little kick thing did fix the deck release problem , I now only have about 30hrs on the unit , I have been using my other mowers more , I still am having trouble with the steering and getting used to it , it is currently at the dealer getting worked on the stabilizer bar or something on the back of the deck came off , and some part from the power deck lift fell off so the power deck lift did not work anymore , I don't know???? just took it back to the dealer so they could fix it , the holder that holds the battery down keeps coming loose but some locktite may have fixed that problem , I will say I seem to be having a problem with things falling off or coming loose on the machine , but time will tell , has anyone else had these type of issues with there machine??? Thanks again for the input.
I know this post is old but I have something to add. Supposedly the sensitivity of the steering controls of the Outlaw is adjustable. That is what the dealer told me anyways. If you can adjust it to make it less sensitive, it should work a little better for you.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Wanted to post an update on the mower , it has 120 hours and seems to be doing fine , the vanguard has good power and the suspension and grammer seat is a big improvement over my other mower with just a suspension seat. It has been to the shop twice for the electric lift , the lift and lift arms keep coming off , hopefully we have that fixed now , the deck belt has came off pulley once but is very easy to put back on and the tensioner is adjustable so that should fix the problem there , I still have a ratchet strap around the battery because I could not get the original battery holder bracket to stay on , but the ratchet strap around the battery solved that problem. Minor things but so far the mower has done well. I would not say the machine is without its flaws but it seems to be a solid machine at the price point , and the suspension is very nice , I have not used a ferris but I have used many other mowers and the ride is good , only time in 1000's of hours will truly tell all about the over all build and design of the machine but I will continue to update post if I have any comments or issues.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THORNTON SERVICES LLC View Post
Wanted to post an update on the mower , it has 120 hours and seems to be doing fine , the vanguard has good power and the suspension and grammer seat is a big improvement over my other mower with just a suspension seat. It has been to the shop twice for the electric lift , the lift and lift arms keep coming off , hopefully we have that fixed now , the deck belt has came off pulley once but is very easy to put back on and the tensioner is adjustable so that should fix the problem there , I still have a ratchet strap around the battery because I could not get the original battery holder bracket to stay on , but the ratchet strap around the battery solved that problem. Minor things but so far the mower has done well. I would not say the machine is without its flaws but it seems to be a solid machine at the price point , and the suspension is very nice , I have not used a ferris but I have used many other mowers and the ride is good , only time in 1000's of hours will truly tell all about the over all build and design of the machine but I will continue to update post if I have any comments or issues.
Any further opinions of your xp? I have had an exmark demo at the house for the last few weeks and I have to say I love it. Being a bad boy owner I always like seeing how others are doing with theirs as well. I never really noticed the "fatigue" as you call it until I drove the exmark for a few days. Getting back on a bad boy the drive feels spongy and loose, kinda difficult to hold a nice straight line to keep the mower right on the edge of the grass to get a max cut. The exmark lazerZ e series with a 60" and fx730 which is what I demoed would be my mower of choice if I was still mowing yards as a LCO. After getting bad tendinitis in my right hand and forearm bad , I had to give it up. Been mowing hardcore for 12 years and I got a great job where I don't gotta mow yards on the side to support my competition Bbq setup. I'm actually talking to my boss on trading my bad boy in on the 72 lazerZ x-series with the ecv-980 kohler efi.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-17-2014, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoney7269 View Post
Any further opinions of your xp? I have had an exmark demo at the house for the last few weeks and I have to say I love it. Being a bad boy owner I always like seeing how others are doing with theirs as well. I never really noticed the "fatigue" as you call it until I drove the exmark for a few days. Getting back on a bad boy the drive feels spongy and loose, kinda difficult to hold a nice straight line to keep the mower right on the edge of the grass to get a max cut. The exmark lazerZ e series with a 60" and fx730 which is what I demoed would be my mower of choice if I was still mowing yards as a LCO. After getting bad tendinitis in my right hand and forearm bad , I had to give it up. Been mowing hardcore for 12 years and I got a great job where I don't gotta mow yards on the side to support my competition Bbq setup. I'm actually talking to my boss on trading my bad boy in on the 72 lazerZ x-series with the ecv-980 kohler efi.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mower now has 190 hours on it and I like the ride of the machine , as far as lines being straight yea the machine is a little hard to keep lines straight but over all the ride is far better than anything else that I have driven , but I have not tried a Ferris.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

They come with those tires how do you like them? Look somewhat like the Dixie ones.