Register free!

Old 08-22-2013, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hunter ACC random cycles

Local school I maintain called the other day, 2 different zones were running at the same time during soccer / football practice. Happened again tonight during a soccer game, possibly same zone, can't confirm, but same field.

Went through the controller, everything programmed right, yet the random trigger of the zones.

Any thoughts beside waiting until morning, calling Hunter?
Old 08-23-2013, 08:13 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

did ya test the taps on clock to see if there was juice to both? Then test again with wires disconnected to confirm clock is putting juice to both zones?
Old 08-23-2013, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

When you performed your diagnostic measurements did you notice any low resistance measurements or high amperage measurements to indicate a short?

Additional program?
Old 09-02-2013, 11:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Haven't had much experience with the ACC conventional modules for multi strand, but the I Core modules have been failing in the field and will send output to two terminals simultaneously on different modules.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Hi. I know you checked the programming but there is something Hunter calls "SSG's" or Simultaneous Station Groups. You can group 1, 2, 3, or 4 stations together. When it is time for that group to come on it will fire those stations simultaneously. Try this. Start with dial on "System Off". Push and hold blue "Information Button". Turn dial to "Set Program Overlap Options". Release the blue button. Cruise through SSG1 through SSG 20 and see if any stations are assigned to groups. If yes, delete them from the group and assign the stations "normal" individual run times versus the SSG Group run times. If you need help deleting them, call Hunter. Might be easier by phone and I'm not sure I can get back to the forum today. 800-733-2823 Good luck!
Old 09-03-2013, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterTekGeek View Post
Hi. I know you checked the programming but there is something Hunter calls "SSG's" or Simultaneous Station Groups. You can group 1, 2, 3, or 4 stations together. When it is time for that group to come on it will fire those stations simultaneously. Try this. Start with dial on "System Off". Push and hold blue "Information Button". Turn dial to "Set Program Overlap Options". Release the blue button. Cruise through SSG1 through SSG 20 and see if any stations are assigned to groups. If yes, delete them from the group and assign the stations "normal" individual run times versus the SSG Group run times. If you need help deleting them, call Hunter. Might be easier by phone and I'm not sure I can get back to the forum today. 800-733-2823 Good luck!

Hey thanks for posting this.....