Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-31-2013, 09:20 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
I am pretty sure you will be happy with your purchase. TNgrasscutter or Greg....you have any issues with yours? I am still happy with mine.
No issues what so ever. I actually enjoy sharpening blades now lol.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Funny this thread got talked about again. I took the leap and bought the MM. The thing is awesome. A couple passes and they are razor sharp and the balancer has reduced deck noise substantially, so much so that I can actually hear the music in my work tunes now, unlike before. It doesn't like sharpening gator blades for some reason. But I'll get over it. Overall great machine, and wish I had one from the start

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 09-04-2013, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I got my Bradley today and set it up. I started a really tough test. I had a strange set of blades from a 61" Grasshopper deck that was given to me to scrap out. They are not flat, with an irregular shape and the corners rounded.

I started on the bench grinder taking out the bad nicks and the round corners. Once straight on the leading edge, I took them to the Bradley and set up the machine, which was tricky with this strange shaped blade. With a bucket of water at hand I started working toward a 30 degree angle and .030" edge. It took awhile, but I finished one up. I am looking forward to finishing the other two. I will use them when I use the discharge chute instead of the power vac on my 61", 725K2.

The medium lift blades for the power vac have never been sharpened before, but need it. Hopefully they are flat and will be a much easier job.

So far I am quite happy with the Bradley. It seems to be a decent machine for the money.

Larry

Tags
blades , sharpening