Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-04-2013, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncpete View Post
someone mentioned the Tailgators, where do I find them? Saw the video for tailgatoraccessories, but can't find them, or tailgators on the web?
http://www.tailgateramps.com Not sure if these folks are still in business but in the past this is were I found them. I have an aluminum flat bed UteLtd.com bed going on a Tacoma 4x4 short bed and I flat out need a low hassle fest quick and safe way to load and unload even side load equipment.

All options are on the table. I'm leaning towards the drop in track big boy motorcycle ramps over at discount ramps.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:34 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncpete View Post
someone mentioned the Tailgators, where do I find them? Saw the video for tailgatoraccessories, but can't find them, or tailgators on the web?
http://www.tailgateramps.com

Old thread from a member who had one for sale.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=234943
Old 09-04-2013, 02:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
http://www.tailgateramps.com

Old thread from a member who had one for sale.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=234943

thank you! someone needs to work on their SEO, and I need to work on my spelling. Simply making it "gator" put me in the entirely wrong area.
Gravely ST622
Poulan Pro PP5020AV
and other stuff I forget now!

currently shopping:
ExMark Metro 48
ExMark Commercial 30
Ford F250
Ariens edger.

the bottom list should maybe get shorter, while the top gets longer, but I know there will always be more stuff!
Old 09-04-2013, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valk View Post
What did you think of your demo?
I loved it, it just wasn't economical to purchase after running the numbers. I really like the truck setups with the 32"-36" WB/Standers, if we had another 1.5 days worth of work we could set up a one man crew with a setup like in the pictures. For right now there isn't enough work to pay for the truck/machine setup.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thinking about purchasing a Exmark 30. I have been in business for 20 years and a member here for 13. Floors me that people still think you need a ztr and trailers to make money. I run 2 Wright standers 36 inch and 2 push mowers. Been doing it for years. How do you like the Exmark 30?
Old 09-05-2013, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcgm View Post
Thinking about purchasing a Exmark 30. I have been in business for 20 years and a member here for 13. Floors me that people still think you need a ztr and trailers to make money. I run 2 Wright standers 36 inch and 2 push mowers. Been doing it for years. How do you like the Exmark 30?
Awesome! Do you have any pics of your set-up? What are you hauling the two 36"s in?
Old 09-05-2013, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
These are the people who cry about charging less than $60 for a 5,000 square foot lawn. Maybe if you weren't using a $12,000 mower to tear up a lawn that would be better served with a $1500 30-inch or heck, even a 21", you could be more competitive. I have a few small properties that I use either push or self-propelled 2-cycle Lawn-Boys on that I bought off of Craig's List for $30. After cleaning the carb, throwing on a new blade, filter, and plug, I can have that mower paid off in a few lawns and have a machine that is going to run for a decade or longer with minor maintenance.

Liberty Lawnworks, LLC

"Don't be so busy making a living that you don't have time to make a life."
Old 09-06-2013, 02:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
it all depends on your lawns and area that you are in. in more city or suburban areas that is what i would run too, but where i am all the lawns are large and spread out. my average lawn takes me 45 minutes to mow with my 60" mower. would you like to do those with tiny mowers? you would have to drop half of my accounts because there isnt enough time in a week.

as far as using large equipment on smaller lawns, yeah i do that but only on a few. i have mostly large lawns and then a couple that are smaller, but i am not going to go out and buy a 36 walk behind for the 2% of my accounts
Old 09-06-2013, 02:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Lawnworks View Post
These are the people who cry about charging less than $60 for a 5,000 square foot lawn. Maybe if you weren't using a $12,000 mower to tear up a lawn that would be better served with a $1500 30-inch or heck, even a 21", you could be more competitive. I have a few small properties that I use either push or self-propelled 2-cycle Lawn-Boys on that I bought off of Craig's List for $30. After cleaning the carb, throwing on a new blade, filter, and plug, I can have that mower paid off in a few lawns and have a machine that is going to run for a decade or longer with minor maintenance.
I opted for the push mower route for this ^^^^^ reason.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbljack View Post
LOL...well said sir! Another hack solo operator here running mainly my exmark 30. I aint doing that many a week, but definitely have enough to keep me busy as a part timer

Guys that cut grass for a living do not like us part-timers taking jobs away.I needed a way to help offset the cost of my Ferris 3100z which I spent $12.5k
on.What better way than to become a profession part-time grass cutter.I do not want all the extra jobs,the full-time pros can have the spraying and weeding jobs.I just wanna mow,blow and go.