Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-08-2013, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunter View Post
the slopes beside my extra garage and the big hill behind my hill are lawn grass hydroseeded when i built my house. i have been mowing it with lowes mower up and down and then weedeating when too steep. this weedeating takes 2 guys around 2 or 3 days to finish, mowing around 4 hours each day

the ridgetop is pasture mix and fescue it was created via dozing 2 years ago. the dozing created slope that are fescue.

on the lower half of my property i still have some brush. i hope for cattle and few horses there.

the ridgetop, my 3 acre yard, along with the slopes and big hill behind my house leading up to the ridgetop i hope to maintain as green grass.
plus the grass along my 2800 ft driveway.

thanks again for the dialog
That makes it a lot clearer. Go with the Ventrac. You can use it around your house mowing plus on the steep areas. Ventrac has lots of tools for other jobs that fit the power unit that will come in handy for large property maintaince through out the year. If you have lots of leaves the Buffalo Turbine blower is an awesome tool, I have one. The Aebi is over kill for your needs.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Member

from a safety standpoint, is it easier to get in trouble on a slope on one machine over another. i am a pretty cautious person. would the aebi be safer provided all systems are go on this used machine.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunter View Post
from a safety standpoint, is it easier to get in trouble on a slope on one machine over another. i am a pretty cautious person. would the aebi be safer provided all systems are go on this used machine.
You can put dual tires all around on both machines for added stability.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Phunter, are you a LawnCareOperator?
Both machines could serve a business well.
If it is for home use, I'd think ventrac would be the way to go.
But, if you have the money and are only going to keep a flail mower on the machine, the aebi is hands down the machine you want. They are way faster and can handle a lot more slopes and stress.

Looks like the right machine below?
http://www.edmaebi.com/gpage8.html

We went up to bemidji just to check out the terra tracs as well.
When we can put either a reform or aebi into service, we will without a doubt do it. After looking at all of the "american" technology for these types of machines, the conclusion we came to is the european tech is far superior to ours. It may just cost a tad more, but we are willing to pay for a better product.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:38 AM
LawnSite Member

After reading all posts I have to chime in here and say Ventracs are highly underrated for some reason. I actually think it's ignorance. If you've ever owned one and operated one, you would understand that these machines are highly capable. Of all the areas you mentioned having to maintain, I think a Ventrac will more than suit your needs. You should demo one on your property so you have the confidence you need to make the purchase. I know nothing about these Aebi tractors. I'm sure they are quite the machine. But as an owner of a Ventrac, I know what a value they are in my day to day operations.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Member

I am looking for a AEBI 70 or 75 with mower to mow wet trails and slopes that the tractors and skid steers rut on. Any leads?
Old 09-09-2013, 10:38 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailbuilder View Post
I am looking for a AEBI 70 or 75 with mower to mow wet trails and slopes that the tractors and skid steers rut on. Any leads?
Aebi New England, LLC. has a TT70S listed for sale.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Jeffrey Prosser, of the Prosser Power Group LLC. in PA, has a nice TT80, dual wheels, with a flail mower available.
He can be reached at 814-571-1478.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Member

phunter, did you decided on a machine? I'm looking for a slope mower and curious to how you made out.