Register free!

Old 09-09-2013, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Member

I just heard the same today. I am blown away as to how this could have happened? How did they go under like that?

You know, a few years ago, after Bill died, I had a phone conversation with Lavesta and told her that if she wanted to raise money to infuse into the business, that she could issue shares of Nightscaping for $1000.00 each and sell them to guys like us - lighting professionals. That way, her share holders would be experts in the field and that would have helped the company and given them an advisory board second to none!.

Sad to see it end. I would have thought another lighting co would buy them up... they have some great pieces... hate to loose the opportunity to have those fixtures no longer be available.

George
Old 09-09-2013, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I never used Nightscaping fixtures. Which ones were the best ones that you will miss that you used all the time? It always seemed that their product line was way outdated and nobody used them. ( I guess that is why they closed their doors).

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com
Old 09-09-2013, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I heard a rumor that one of this Lawnsite forum's sponsors has purchased the Nightscaping name. No idea what that might mean about fixture designs, names, slogans, logos, etc.

Meanwhile, the NS website is still up and running though.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Lite 4... They had several fixtures that were somewhat unique to them and had specific purposes... for example, the sagitta- a square side mount skinny post light was the perfect light for those aluminum fences that you usually see around pools. They fit on the posts and looked like they are part of the fence.

I also like the soffitliter for downlighting from certain PVC archways and garage/shed overhangs.

their Brutliter II was a great PAR36 inground/ in concrete fixture... very durable... nice thick lense..
Old 09-10-2013, 12:02 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

The Sagitta was perfect for steel fences. I used a few. I even used neodymium magnets to attach some to a solid wrought iron fence (not hollow steel square tubing) on one job.

Never used a Soffitliter.

I used some cast brass Integraliters on a job where there was a basketball hoop on the driveway and stray shots bounced off the ground level fixtures with no damage.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

If you need any fixture PDF files, they're here: http://www.nightscaping.com/our-products/

The line drawing have things like screw sizes if you need any replacements. Hardest to find will probably be the threaded aluminum "nails" for Illuminators and Footliters. The brass ones for the copper versions of those two fixtures don't seem to fail as often as the aluminum ones do.

Attsahced are a couple of samples of their PDFs, the aforementioned Sagitta and Soffitliter.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf sagitta_pdf.pdf (366.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: pdf soffitliter_pdf.pdf (358.4 KB, 11 views)
Old 09-11-2013, 02:54 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I was contacted this AM via email by someone about my earlier post regarding a rumor I had heard about the purchase of the Nightscaping name/ brand.

I was told directly by someone who knows the facts that it was just an unfounded rumor.

Nightscaping has not been sold.

They have however "ceased operation until further notice."
Old 01-22-2014, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Hello all. UPB ( Universal Powerline Bus ) is great stuff and yes we at OLP have been able to offer many control options with this technology. I am with B&B Mfg and run Green Outdoor Lighting. I am the guy that developed our relationship with Web Mtn. Outdoor Lighting is our only focus and we manufacture and assemble products that have been in systems over 30 years. I'm sure complaints going unchallenged might allow new readers to assume opinions about products but I'd like to challenge those with facts and not conjecture. You are welcome to contact me directly should you have questions at GreenOutdoorLighting.com.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Does Spillight's post qualify as SPAM?
Old 01-28-2014, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I considered it as such... certainly has little to do with the thread they posted it in.

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA