View Poll Results: Which truck loader
Scag giant-vac 35hp tow behind 6 85.71%
Fradan 35hp tow behind 0 0%
Other 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2013, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Which 35hp leaf vac? Cannot decide

Im currently in the market for a leaf loader. I have decided to go with a large tow behind 35 hp range to run behind a f800 hook truck I just purchased. My problem is I cannot decide between the Fradan or Scag giant-vac. They both look pretty heavy duty but I can't find much info on them. I was quoted $8999 for the Fradan and a little over $11000 for the scag but scag has 0% interest for 48 months no payments until April And Fradan is 6 months no payments no interest and 3.99% after that. I could buy either machine cash but I want to finance to build credit. Has anyone had experience with either unit and can provide me with some feedback? My goal is the buy a leaf vac that I will not have to replace for many years and will provide high production. Thanks and no I will not consider a billygoat it's not heavy duty enough.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:20 PM
Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries's Avatar
Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries is online now
Sponsor

Uh, you forgot the Billy Goat DL35. I heard they're awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmdFMwDTE2g Even better, off of the $8,999 price you quoted you'll keep +/- $3K in your own pocket.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:27 PM
LawnSite Member

I looked at the billy goats and though they seem like solid performers they do not look durable enough to last through seasons of abuse. Everything about them appears to be lighter duty then the two I'm considering correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

We had several monsters
Old 08-31-2013, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

All I know is that if something has the word Scag on it....... It's going to be 100% durable, long-lasting, and BAD A$$!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2013, 06:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I had an older Giant Vac with a 30 hp Wisconsin and it was great. Not sure if they are the same now but I wouldn't have traded it for anything else, the size and balance were just right.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I was going to ask the same question before I came across this thread. I know billy goat and little wonder are good but couldn't figure out why they are listed at 4-500 lbs while the fradan and giant vac are right around 2000 lbs. It looks like the later two do include the trailers in their weight but that cant account for being 4 times the weight. Now I also wasn't ready for the prices of the heavier industrial brands. I may end up sticking with the conventional machines.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries's Avatar
Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries is online now
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange landscaping View Post
I looked at the billy goats and though they seem like solid performers they do not look durable enough to last through seasons of abuse. Everything about them appears to be lighter duty then the two I'm considering correct me if I'm wrong.
What doesn't look durable? We've been selling loaders since '84 and some of those are still on the road. I'll put it up against any unit out there for durability and it'll out perform as well. Don't take my word for it ask the dealer for a demo and let the units speak for themselves.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

i think its weight