Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-12-2013, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I am having a hard time figuring out what you are repairing Got any shot from 3 feet. That engine is sure filled full of debris, must have a few other problems.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:10 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
But....I haven't talked myself into getting up off $1200 for a new toy...
I've spent some time here http://weldingweb.com/index.php

Some good reads there....

The primary function of an Engineer is to make it difficult for the Fabricator and impossible for the Mechanic

RTFM What a concept

Old 09-13-2013, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
I am having a hard time figuring out what you are repairing Got any shot from 3 feet. That engine is sure filled full of debris, must have a few other problems.
Ok Ed...
The inserts repaired the engine just fine...
No metal in the crankcase as I didnt drill thru into the crankcase..

I changed the subject to looking for the best way to repair a broken aluminum block.

It appears Tig Welding will do the best aluminum repairs...
While repairing the block with threaded inserts will suffice,,,the repair will always look like a repair..I like repairing things so that it doesnt look like anybody ever took it apart..
When you can rebuild an engine with 3000 hrs on it...and have it look and run like it just came out of the box...you'll know what Im talking about..
A good repair should fool the factory....
Old 09-13-2013, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
Yesterday......Our local POS dealer informed me that I would have pay an additional $500 for a replacement engine if I didn't surrender my engine to them...

I have a little history with our "local POS dealer"...about 10 to15 years worth....we don't like each other..
In the 2 yrs since taking this job with this semi large landscaper...purchases which previously averaged $7000 to $10000 a month from our "local POS dealer"....have dropped 90 %.....
I don't want to completely want to stop doing business with them..I like to see them squirm....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff in AL View Post
Unless there has been a very recent change, that I am unaware of, Kawasaki does NOT want the engine back... But there is a "Certificate of Destruction" form that needs to be filled out COMPLETELY, dated and signed by the Dealer AND the customer... It also states that the Dealer verifies that the engine is "destroyed"... Like I said, I pop a hole in the block, take a picture and send it on. There is no reason why the customer can't keep for parts... After all, it is their engine!

This deal with Kawasaki is one of the dumbest things I have seen/heard of yet... IF the engine wasn't "destroyed" already, why would someone be replacing it to begin with?.....Duh!

I'll check tomorrow and see if this has changed and let you know...
Slapper, sorry I forgot to look yesterday!
I checked today to see if there was a new or revised REA that I was not aware of... And there is NOT!

Attached is the "still current" REA... I edited some info out and highlighted...
Attached Images
File Type: pdf REPLACEMENT ENGINE AGREEMENT-EPA.pdf (241.8 KB, 13 views)

How very observant of you there captain obvious.

The amount of FREE information that you receive here will be directly proportional to the amount of information that you provide!