Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-15-2013, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xclusive View Post
No it was 14.5 cents prior to the rate increase.
It went from 14 to 14.5 to 16
Old 09-14-2013, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys,
I want to make an EDDM flyer run. I am wondering if anyone can create an updated list of necessary steps? do you have to put a piece of paper on EVERY 50ct bundle?
thanks so much I really appreciate it.

is this still relevant?
Quote:
1) design post cards and insert criteria for standards eddm retail mailing
1.5) get post cards bundled in groups of 50
2) print post cards and have them delivered to your house
3) go to eddm retail route selection tool and select routes in which you want post cards to be mailed. When selected you need to open up a free account and create a crid number for your mailings.
4) print out all route paper work and post office receipt for their records when you drop the shipment off
5) either pay online or select pay when dropped off
6) when post cards are delivered to you, open up all the boxes and start sorting and founding the bundles of 50 to get the correct amount for each route.
7) after separated into routes, copy the route cover page for how many bundles you have and print them out. These have to be on each bundle and have to say how many fliers there are in each bundle, as well as the date dropped off and how many bundles there are (I.e 1 of 9, 2 of 9, ect)
8) now you have to stack each route together and separate them in boxes or it will be a nightmare at the post office when they take the bundles in, and all the people waiting in line behind you will get pissed because they have to record and count each bundle and route while your giving them to them to make sure your totals are correct so they can charge accordingly
9) pay the lady (not 14.5 cents) but 16 cents each-----which really pissed me off because a month ago the postage was 14.5 cents each.
thanks so much for your help.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsole View Post
Hey guys,
I want to make an EDDM flyer run. I am wondering if anyone can create an updated list of necessary steps? do you have to put a piece of paper on EVERY 50ct bundle?
thanks so much I really appreciate it.

is this still relevant?

thanks so much for your help.

Yes this was posted less than 6 month ago and nothing has changed. I have found that different post offices like to do it differently but for the most part it is all the same. Let me know if you have any questions. I just did another mailer of 5k for fall clean ups and snow removal and already after less than a week have about .25% ROI.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-15-2013, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok sweet, thanks for responding. I went to my post office about a year ago, and it was the same, no one there knew and they had to look it up on the computer.
Just my main question is do I need a piece of paper for every route or for every 50ct stack on each route?

and also step 6 what do you mean by sorting and founding?

Quote:
6) when post cards are delivered to you, open up all the boxes and start sorting and founding the bundles of 50 to get the correct amount for each route
thanks again dlong that was really thoughtful of you to make this thread to help all of us
Old 09-15-2013, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Permits for certain areas?
hey guys. I remember one area I passed out flyers, the local police contacted me and said I need a permit and not to pass out flyers there anymore.
What about EDDM? could I send them there through usps legally without a permit?
thanks
Old 09-15-2013, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Care to post or pm your postcard for clean ups & snow Dlong? What was your target market for them also?

I have done fall & winter services doorhangers the past twp years and the response was gsrbage.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-16-2013, 01:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I sent out 1700 post cards this spring EDDM. The printing company I went through was pretty dishonest. They failed to mention that the cost of shipping was not mentioned in the price even though I asked how much it cost for everything. Make sure you know all the costs associated with what you're doing before you have boxes of post cards sitting in front of you and you're told you still owe 500 bucks. The whole process was more difficult and annoying than I expected.

From sending out 1700 to what I considered my ideal client base these are my results:

1. A one time job spraying weeds and dandelions.
2. A quote for an old guy that thought I was satan quoting him $25/week for mowing.
3. 2-3 new weekly mowing clients.

From my experience I paid roughly 300 dollars per weekly client. If I had plenty of money and a strong desire to grow that might be worth it, but frankly I have received 20 new clients this year just from having a website and a good web presence. It's pretty tough to justify for me.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedar Lawn Care View Post
From my experience I paid roughly 300 dollars per weekly client. If I had plenty of money and a strong desire to grow that might be worth it, but frankly I have received 20 new clients this year just from having a website and a good web presence. It's pretty tough to justify for me.
What do you mean by good web presence?
thanks so much
Old 09-17-2013, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsole View Post
What do you mean by good web presence?
thanks so much
Having a web page that ranks high in search engines. Having a google places account with ratings, having craigslist adds, being on yelp, being on superpages.com etc. Just being everywhere a potential client could look online so you're easy to find.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Member

How was everyones return On there eddm's this year??? I think I sent out close to 5k out and got 2 Hardscapes worth total about 7k. ...just wanted to hear some other guys thoughts