Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-29-2013, 04:05 PM
Sponsor

Jobber's Cloud Based Software Explained Even Better

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to quickly mention that we've taken all the feedback and questions we've received about Jobber over the past year or so and created a new Features page that does a much better job of showing off what Jobber can do.

If you have any questions about how Jobber works or have ever been confused in the past about what exactly our software does, then the new Features page is a great place to start. We also wrote a quick blog post about the update.

I also wanted to mention that we've started writing about more general interest business management topics on the Jobber Blog, in addition to the usual feature and update announcements. If you have a great idea for a post or something you'd like to learn more about let us know!

Cheers,
Sam @ Jobber

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Email: info@getjobber.com
Web: www.getjobber.com
Toll Free: 1-888-721-1115
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 08-10-2013, 08:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Hi sam, I have been using the Gopher lawn care program and its nice but there are some major "quirks" that are making me look at other options. With jobber can i mark invoices paid, yet still see how much each customer has been billed for the year? And can I put things like my logo, credit card logos and stuff like that on the invoices? Thanks!

2014 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Diesel 6.7L
2007 Ford F-550 Powerstroke Switch-n-go 6.0L
2005 Ford F-250 Powerstroke Diesel 6.0L
2000 Ford F-250 Powerstroke w/EZdump 7.3L
2010 7x16 Enclosed
2013 60" eXmark Vantage X-series
eXmark 52" and 36" hydro Walk behinds
Little Wonder & Billy Goat Force Push Blowers
REDMAX Blowers, Trimmers
Giant Vac 35hp Truck Loader
Bandit 250xp 12" chipper
Husqvarna XP saws
Old 08-10-2013, 01:51 PM
Sponsor

Hey EverestLandscape — you can indeed mark invoices in Jobber as paid and then report on how much has been billed for a period, and also how much has actually been collected. Your custom business logo can also, of course, be included on your Invoices, Quotes, and other communications sent out of Jobber.

Hope that helps! Don't hesitate to sign up for a free trial and get in touch with our customer success team if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Sam @ Jobber

Old 08-18-2013, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I am interested in the Expenses add on portion of your software. I am looking for a software that will allow me access over a mobile device but also allow me to keep accurate details in categories. You see I am a sole prop so Income minus deductible expenses is something I like to keep accurate tabs on. Can you explain further or give better details on what all is able to be accomplished using your expenses add on? I have viewed your website and some youtube video(s) but still am not sold that it is the software that best fits my needs because of the lack of information on expenses.

Thanks,
Mike

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 08-18-2013, 07:29 PM
Sponsor

Hey Landscape Poet,

You can find some additional documentation about our Expense Tracking Add-on here: http://docs.getjobber.com/expenses/

I would also encourage you to sign up for a free trial if you haven't already and then get in touch with us via our support channel to request a chat with one of our account managers. We're more than happy to set up a telephone call to discuss your specific needs and show you how Jobber can help.

Cheers!
Sam @ Jobber

Old 08-18-2013, 08:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobber View Post
Hey Landscape Poet,

You can find some additional documentation about our Expense Tracking Add-on here: http://docs.getjobber.com/expenses/

I would also encourage you to sign up for a free trial if you haven't already and then get in touch with us via our support channel to request a chat with one of our account managers. We're more than happy to set up a telephone call to discuss your specific needs and show you how Jobber can help.

Cheers!
Sam @ Jobber
Thank you for your rapid response. I just did not scroll far enough down on the page you linked me to the first time. It appears that this will indeed allow me essentially to have a quick look at my income and expenses as desired including making my own categories, for example I always take the mileage deduction vs actual expenses , so I need to keep two distinct fuel categories ...one for fuel for the trucks and one for the mowers and 2 cycle.

I will most likely try the free offer during late October or November when things slow down and I have a chance to actually get a good feel for the program

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 09-02-2013, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Jobber, just one more thing came to mind as I got invoices ready manually on my current program.

1. You program is able to set reoccuring invoice to be created and then you simply need to print them correct? IE in Florida we generally us level billing for lawn maintenance and I do not wish to manually create hours worth of invoices every month.

2. Does your program account for any late fees? If the customer does not pay all or any of their invoice from the previous month is your system capable of taking the past due amount and applying a later fee % .

Old 09-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Sponsor

@Landscape Poet:

We do indeed have bulk invoice creation for recurring contracts. In fact, our bulk invoicing functionality will allow you to create invoices for any/all jobs that are pending invoicing, whether they're recurring or one-off.

We don't currently auto-calculate any late penalties for overdue invoices/payments. This is something we may consider adding in the future, but there are a lot of development priorities between now and then.

Cheers!
Sam @ Jobber

Old 09-16-2013, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobber View Post
@Landscape Poet:

We do indeed have bulk invoice creation for recurring contracts. In fact, our bulk invoicing functionality will allow you to create invoices for any/all jobs that are pending invoicing, whether they're recurring or one-off.

We don't currently auto-calculate any late penalties for overdue invoices/payments. This is something we may consider adding in the future, but there are a lot of development priorities between now and then.

Cheers!
Sam @ Jobber

Sam,

One new thing that I am on the look for is something to keep my receipts organized. There are apps out there, there are now accounting/invoicing services out there that are cloud based that offer it.
Has there been any talk of adding the service of allowing under the expenses to have photos taken off a app on the phone and submitted?

Since looking for this service I have discovered Freshbooks. Can you tell me some of the qualities your service has over theres?

Old 09-17-2013, 02:29 PM
Sponsor

Hey Landscape Poet,

We actually already have this capability in Jobber! Our free Expense Tracking add-on allows you to attach a receipt image directly to the expense item as documented proof of the expense. There's a brief mention of this in a product update blog post from when the feature was released in July: http://blog.getjobber.com/2013/07/up...ance/#expenses

The Jobber Blog is a great place to stay tuned in general for product updates and new features. We literally add features and improve functionality every single week.

Freshbooks is an accounting/invoicing focused service suitable to pretty much any small business. They do a great job of managing invoicing and some of the basic back-end accounting. Jobber is focused on a more broad set of features that are important for field service businesses specifically, including the invoicing stuff that Freshbooks does, but also scheduling, time tracking, chemical records, and a lot more.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Sam @ Jobber