Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-14-2013, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Pool work

With all this talk of pools I figured I'd post some pictures of my work. Hopefully others will join in..

Here's a cool job from last January. Removing a spa that was above the pool, also cut the wall all the way down even with the rest of the bond beam so coping stone could be installed all the way around the pool.

Also removed the hole deck.. Busted lines in the deck. Then removed in piece with the forks.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-15-2013, 06:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Here's the latest build. Went all out on this one. All pentair equipment, 2in plumbing. LEDs in pool, 4 new fountains by pentair, and stubbed up for some type of water feature. To be installed at a later date.

This is a one of a kind pool for my area.. Full width vinyl over lay steps, 90degree corners. Kinda proud of this one..

Here's a couple finished pictures. Just finished the irrigation Saturday. Will be installing the sod and programming the automation this week, one last coat of color seal on the deck and were on to a renovation job.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-15-2013, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Very cool. Love the LEDs in the pool.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-15-2013, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bout time I see pictures of all the work you tell me about! Everything looks good buddy. Keep doing what your doing.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sweet looking pool. Do you guys compact in lifts as you go up?
Old 09-16-2013, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
Sweet looking pool. Do you guys compact in lifts as you go up?
Not really.. We walk it in, drive over parts of it with the machine.. But for the most part we stay out of the over dig with machinery because there's a lot of plumbing and electrical.

We'll let them settle for a couple weeks before we pour the deck. I've got soaker hoses I'll put around the pool and have the customers turn on at night.

I usually leave the deck for last. But because this one was all straight cantilever and was getting a sprayed on texture, we decided to pour the deck before doing the bottom and installing the liner. It kind of extended the job longer than most customers would like but it made the job easier later on.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-16-2013, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You guys do a clean job but is a few weeks enough? I rip out a lot of these slabs that are all hollowed out from settling. All the pool guys by me are hacks, piles of dirt everywhere when they leave and they usually bury all the old concrete or whatever was in the yard so it pops up when were trying to grade it
Old 09-17-2013, 07:28 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
You guys do a clean job but is a few weeks enough? I rip out a lot of these slabs that are all hollowed out from settling. All the pool guys by me are hacks, piles of dirt everywhere when they leave and they usually bury all the old concrete or whatever was in the yard so it pops up when were trying to grade it
I typically do a job all the way to the sod and irrigation.. So there is nothing buried on site..

It all depends on the weather really. We've had to let them sit for up to 3-4 weeks. But once it takes that long were there wetting it down, putting more dirt around it, driving on it with the bobcat. All kind of things...
I've only had two problems with pool decks cracking prematurely. One of them, the customer used his own concrete guy 5 days after I back filled his pool(ignoring my advice to wait) and then blamed me when it cracked.

The second, was a lot of trashy clay that takes a lot time to settle and just a bad pour on my part. It was to hot, I didn't have enough guys.. And there was to much to worry about in the pour(drains. Steps, etc)
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-17-2013, 07:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

ive never seen gravel used for the bottom of a liner pool.

can you please elaborate on that.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
ive never seen gravel used for the bottom of a liner pool.

can you please elaborate on that.
We hit a lot of water in the far shallow end of this pool. We normally just do the deep end and slope when we hit water and then vermiculite over top. But this is a very shallow pool.
Plus the gravel really saved the bottom from being washed out in all the rain we got this year.

I also installed a separate pump and line to pump the water from under neath the pool.
Posted via Mobile Device