Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-16-2013, 12:57 PM
LawnSite Member

I really thought about this before buying my 24.9k 20 foot Gator trailer. My 60D is right at 14k pounds and the 332 is 10k. I can in theory put both on the trailer and be legal but I just either do the 60D with a few accessories and both Dingo's and the accessories I need for them for the job or the 332 and all accessories I need. I went with the 20 footer for the maneuverability factor as some subdivisions I work in are rather tight when you are pulling 30 feet behind you. If it was a perfect world and developers would make wider roads and bigger cul de sacs I would have gotten the 30 footer. But it isn't.
Auger drive and various bits
Levelers
Pallet forks
John Deere CT332
John Deere 60D with thumb
2008 Ford F550 dump
2010 Ford F450 crew cab
20' Gator equipment trailer
20' Haulmark tool trailer
Old 09-16-2013, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerewashed View Post
i am gonna be towing with a 9200gvw truck that weighs around 7300 i believe with a full tank of fuel and me inside. that leaves me about 1900 tongue weight which is good for the largest machine i am looking at hauling which is 10500.
I somehow doubt that you will be able to make that setup legal, not saying it can't be done, but that it would be very hard. I think you'll have issues making your rear axle weight on the truck work, perhaps not but probably hard. also consider that your going to be putting your rear truck tires just about to the max. I'll say that here is the flawed rule of thumb that I go by, don't exceed the total rated gvw of the combination (14000+9200 = 23200 in your case) , nor any single axle (as previously stated pay special attention to your rear truck axle).
Old 09-16-2013, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mark13 on plowsite has the same exact setup as me and tows a 25k gvw gooseneck behind his 2500hd. he has been well beyond the 30000k total and he runs toyo open country mud terrain.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Mark13 on plowsite has the same exact setup as me and tows a 25k gvw gooseneck behind his 2500hd. he has been well beyond the 30000k total and he runs toyo open country mud terrain.
I'd never
Old 09-16-2013, 11:34 PM
LawnSite Member

the math

I am not sure I understand your math. When you draw a free body diagram of the trailer and towing vehicle, you would have 4 axles/8 points of contact with the earth/ground where weight is transmitted to the earth/ground or DOT scales. Depending on where the trailer payload is located will vary the 8 points of contact. If you transfer weight to the towing vehicle to have tongue weight you are taking weight off the 7K trailer axles and tires. It all needs to be balanced though to be legal and safe.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark13 View Post
I'd never
Are you lost? This aint your territory boss.....
Old 09-16-2013, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Are you lost? This aint your territory boss.....

PS gets lonely and boring in the summer months. I gotta adventure out a little bit to keep sane. There's some decent picture threads on here to look at, about all I look at here.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
PS gets lonely and boring in the summer months. I gotta adventure out a little bit to keep sane. There's some decent picture threads on here to look at, about all I look at here.
hahaha i feel yeah, i belong to more forums than most, Between Duramaxforum,duramaxdiesels,dieselplace, gmfullsize, plowsite, lawnsite, fullsizechevy, and many more i can procrastinate and fill my free time like nobodies business. hahaha

This site has some nice picture threads. Hows crazy is it seeing people haul equipment on their equipment trailers instead of round bails???? hahahaha
Old 09-17-2013, 08:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
hahaha i feel yeah, i belong to more forums than most, Between Duramaxforum,duramaxdiesels,dieselplace, gmfullsize, plowsite, lawnsite, fullsizechevy, and many more i can procrastinate and fill my free time like nobodies business. hahaha

This site has some nice picture threads. Hows crazy is it seeing people haul equipment on their equipment trailers instead of round bails???? hahahaha

My trailer sees a fair amount of equipment but also plenty of other stuff that isn't equipment, hay/straw, sheds, building material, scrap, logs, brush,etc.

More or less if it fits on the trailer half way it's coming with.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
My trailer sees a fair amount of equipment but also plenty of other stuff that isn't equipment, hay/straw, sheds, building material, scrap, logs, brush,etc.

More or less if it fits on the trailer half way it's coming with.
your trailers like the USPS box, "if it fits it ships"