Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-17-2013, 12:38 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
Maybe I didn't explain it right but I was not suggesting the check heads would fix the seeping valve. Just the low head drainage part AFTER the seeping valve was fixed. From my experience even if say there is 10' feet of elevation drop and the heads are rated at 6' they will stop draining out once the static pressure drops below a certain level. Not perfect but far less drain out than heads without checks.
You were ok ArTurf, my statement goes back to another thread where water was being pushed uphill til it stopped.

I just wonder who can answer the question in my scenario?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-17-2013, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
You were ok ArTurf, my statement goes back to another thread where water was being pushed uphill til it stopped.

I just wonder who can answer the question in my scenario?
Posted via Mobile Device
I can .... The scenario will almost never occur due to downstream leaks, checked heads or not.

Do I get a prize?

Or how about this ....

Determine total rate of downstream leaks as it relates to pressure, of course factoring in pressure losses in the downstream piping. Then determine the total rate of flow past the diaphragm, again factoring in pressure losses, and relate total contributed pressure and flow from the supply side to the downstream piping. Then determine if supply side leak rate is faster or slower than downstream leaks, and what the pressure relations are with respect to flow & time.

Last edited by Kiril; 09-17-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
I can .... The scenario will almost never occur due to downstream leaks, checked heads or not.

Do I get a prize?
You deserve one!

Quote:
Or how about this ....

Determine total rate of downstream leaks as it relates to pressure, of course factoring in pressure losses in the downstream piping. Then determine the total rate of flow past the diaphragm, again factoring in pressure losses, and relate total contributed pressure and flow from the supply side to the downstream piping. Then determine if supply side leak rate is faster or slower than downstream leaks, and what the pressure relations are with respect to flow & time.
You took the words right out of my mouth !
Posted via Mobile Device