Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-17-2013, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Shoot me your phone # and I can measure mine
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-03-2013, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey the MT`s will cut at 4". I use a Dixie chopper on Bahia. The bagger MT does "ok" on Bahia. In my opinion the Walker mulch deck is no the tool to use on Bahia. It does GREAT on St. Augustine.........I do know of people that have the Walker B`s and I could not own one due to what I have seen first hand......
Old 10-03-2013, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Uh oh. What have you seen with them?
Old 10-03-2013, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Hydraulics seem to have problems. Not the same HD quality of the MT`s. The machine is a completely different animal. Not nearly as beefy of machines. The MT`s are repairable forever.......
Old 10-03-2013, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

The weight of the MB and its compactness was what really made me look at it in the first place. I stopped by an out-of-town dealership yesterday and looked at a MTSD sitting right next to a MBK. In person the MB is definitely smaller. But the MTSD does look more robust. In reality I guess the MTSD is only about 75 lbs heavier.

Do you have GHS units or the truck bed side discharge models. I don't catch any grass, and don't want to. If I were to buy a Walker it would be strictly for St Augustine and zoysia. I still have concerns about 4" not being enough.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Member

I have 42" GHS and also 42" mulchers. I keep a bunch of parts and different decks and deck shells around. 4" is really no problem on St. Augustine. Personally I think the only way to cut Zoysia is to bag it. It is so thick there is no room to let the cutting filter down....they just sit on top. I do not own a side discharge deck but I have considered cutting up a 42" mulch shell and doing a conversion......I see a lot of people really having a hard time trying to make the zoysia cuttings "go away". Nothing cuts like a Walker do to the "floating" deck.........
Old 10-03-2013, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I cut zoysia pretty high and haven't had too much trouble leaving visible clippings. I only do three of those. Everything else is St Augustine. But some of those are some thick mothers in the middle of summer.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX12R View Post
I will chime in as i have a walker ghs and a, exmark lazer. The walker does not cut as high as my lazer.Ihave a few properties where i will not use the walker because i would have to cut the lawn twice along with bagging it where,with the lazer,i can lose it.
This is why a Walker is not very useful on our primarily mowed SA at 4.5"
Old 10-08-2013, 02:35 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fllee View Post
I have 42" GHS and also 42" mulchers. I keep a bunch of parts and different decks and deck shells around. 4" is really no problem on St. Augustine. Personally I think the only way to cut Zoysia is to bag it. It is so thick there is no room to let the cutting filter down....they just sit on top. I do not own a side discharge deck but I have considered cutting up a 42" mulch shell and doing a conversion......I see a lot of people really having a hard time trying to make the zoysia cuttings "go away". Nothing cuts like a Walker do to the "floating" deck.........
Run an 11 blade reel mower on zoysia cut at 1" and there are no clippings to deal with. This is on a lawn getting 1" of water per week and up to 1 lb of N per month.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 10-08-2013, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
Run an 11 blade reel mower on zoysia cut at 1" and there are no clippings to deal with. This is on a lawn getting 1" of water per week and up to 1 lb of N per month.
Price point ain't gonna make that happen. These ain't my Zoysia customers.
Posted via Mobile Device