Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-15-2013, 11:42 AM
Glenn Lawn Care's Avatar
Glenn Lawn Care Glenn Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN
Posts: 2,557
I also want an enclosed trailer. I know what dimensions I want, I just can't figure out what brand. I hope to have one in the next 2 years.
__________________
'02 Ford F-250 5.4l8' unimount
Scag
Lesco
Toro
STHIL
Shindawia
Western Salt Spreader
Billy Goat
Tomahawk


Minnesota certified pesticide applicator
NOT MY PRESIDENT!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-17-2013, 07:43 PM
dmallen79 dmallen79 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: York, PA
Posts: 4
enclosed trailer

i am thinking the best size would be 8.5x16 anything bigger will be a p.i.t.a to get around. Plus you get a lot more weight with anything bigger. Unless you have three mowers there is no need for anything bigger. You can hang every tool on the walls so no need for tons of extra room. Fuel mileage will be much better with a 16' also. This is obviously just my opinion and you know what they say about that.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-18-2013, 12:40 AM
PLS-Tx's Avatar
PLS-Tx PLS-Tx is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmallen79 View Post
i am thinking the best size would be 8.5x16 anything bigger will be a p.i.t.a to get around. Plus you get a lot more weight with anything bigger. Unless you have three mowers there is no need for anything bigger. You can hang every tool on the walls so no need for tons of extra room. Fuel mileage will be much better with a 16' also. This is obviously just my opinion and you know what they say about that.
Ours is 8.5x20 and I wish it was 24' or even 28'.

16' would be way to small.

We have 2 61" ztr's in the trailer most of the time. We put the hand tools, trimmers, edgers ect on the flour in front of the mowers. This way the guys can reach them without climbing in the trailer each time.

If we had a 28' we could fit 3 ztr's and everything else stay where it is now.
__________________
over 40 years old
20 years in business
full time


Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-18-2013, 12:53 AM
dmallen79 dmallen79 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: York, PA
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLS-Tx View Post
Ours is 8.5x20 and I wish it was 24' or even 28'.

16' would be way to small.

We have 2 61" ztr's in the trailer most of the time. We put the hand tools, trimmers, edgers ect on the flour in front of the mowers. This way the guys can reach them without climbing in the trailer each time.

If we had a 28' we could fit 3 ztr's and everything else stay where it is now.
I'm pretty sure that I said as long as you don't have 3 mowers and you should hang your tools up, because it is way too hard on them to bounce around on the floor, there is a reason they sell those hangers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-18-2013, 01:07 AM
PLS-Tx's Avatar
PLS-Tx PLS-Tx is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmallen79 View Post
I'm pretty sure that I said as long as you don't have 3 mowers and you should hang your tools up, because it is way too hard on them to bounce around on the floor, there is a reason they sell those hangers.
Posted via Mobile Device
No need to be a jerk.

I'm just saying 16' would be to small for us. We do have racks on the walls for extra hand tools but the tools they use everyday stay on the floor. Been doing it this way for several years without a problem.
__________________
over 40 years old
20 years in business
full time


Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-31-2013, 08:15 AM
2beast 2beast is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 18
It is raining today.
Looks like a good day to go looking at trailers.

I am thinking maybe 16' but am still open minded.
We will not be hauling mowers but it will leave room for all of our regular daily equipment plus extras
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-31-2013, 08:17 PM
Daniellem3 Daniellem3 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3
post a picture of what you decide on!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-02-2013, 10:25 PM
Middle Tennessee Lawn Middle Tennessee Lawn is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Nashville
Posts: 221
I would like to make a couple of suggestions one is skip bumper pull and pay extra 450. For gooseneck you will never regret it.
Second get good digital brake controller and brakes on both axles.
One other thing others have mentioned get a trailer big enough the first time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:18 PM.

Page generated in 0.07019 seconds with 9 queries