Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-14-2012, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Its a half acre....
Old 05-14-2012, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Member

dixie chopper is overpriced, imo....i wanted to laugh when they guy told me a price on a mower/bag unit.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
This is a huge claim. Is there any way for you to prove this? You do know that Dixie Choppers are famous for going well over 4,000 hours on a regular basis right?
There are no Dixie's around here...

The only proof I have is hour meters and failures that I've been told about. I don't see why anyone would lie to me about stuff breaking...

'07 Dodge C/C; quadcab flatbed; Western 8.5 Pro;

'04 Dodge quadcab; Western 8.5 Pro Plus; Western wings; Boss TGS 1100; Ebling if I hit the lottery!

'06 Cub Cadet M48 Tank; '11 Cub Cadet M48 Tank; '10 Cub Cadet H1748 walkbehind; Stihl handhelds

'10 Timberwolf TW-5; '08 Kawasaki Teryx; for the firewood...conveyor in the works
Old 05-14-2012, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Member

I bought a cub cadet against the advice of 90% of the smoke blowers here. I havent had any of the problems these clowns talk about here. Hang around the board long enough and you will see that most are gonna talk up what they own. Buy, the one you like the best.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Member

The cub cadet is being advertised as a 2007 tank m48 zero turn. It has the "tank" lettering on the back but not the front of the unit and it is a 19 hp Kawasaki. I thought the m48 in 2007 was a 23 hp Kawasaki and the photos I've seen outside this advertisement have lettering on front as well. I just want to be sure this is actually a tank and not another line.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

If they name it a Tank must be one built like a tank and drives like one
Buy the Tank and get by with the cheaper one
But if want a mower to resell down the road the Dixie will hold there value better then that tank
Old 09-17-2013, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
Where's Envy to tell you the Tank is the finest piece of machinery ever devised by man? if you want to know about the real capabilities at your disposal if you become a owner of a Tank zero turn then just do a search for an individual named Envy and his threads. You will soon realize a Tank zero turn can be used for everything from conquering foreign countries that do not comply with your wishes as well as getting date's with the hottest super models or if you dare going on a Mar's expedition even becomes possible for an operator at the controls of this unit. Mowing grass will just be an after thought when you own and operate a Cub Cadet Tank!
best quote ever
Old 09-18-2013, 08:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The Tank models are a TOTALLY different machine from the Cub Cadet MTD residential models. Don't shoot all the dogs because one of them has fleas.

Larry
Old 09-19-2013, 12:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Never mowed with a Tank. I guess there ok, but I have worked on several Cub Tanks.

And yes the Dixie in some peoples eyes are over price. But the reality is the major components of the Dixie are of a better quality. In short should last longer. My issue with the Tank is it is a real wolly-buger to work on. Everything is under or behind something and imposable to get to. There is no real simple service.

Tags
better mower , chopper , cub cadet , dixie , tank