Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-06-2013, 06:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valk View Post
Are these performance long sleeve shirts designed to fit loose or tight on one's arms and torso?
I ask cuz I actually purchased one once (perhaps too small, IDK) and it felt like I was wearing a sausage casing. NOT good. Yes, I'm stocky...and I prefer loose fitting clothing as opposed to some kind of spandex-y thang.
Compression underwear is for sports. Worn for relatively short periods of time. It's made to get a little more out of your muscles and cut down on cramping.
Under Armor has a line of loose fitting polyester underwear for all day hot weather wear. So does the Wal-Mart brand.

I've tried wearing a compression T shirt all day long. It's not good. On top of the shirt mashing my belly fat all day the collar kind of grinds the dirt into my neck.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
I have seen some guys in my area go shirt less. Maybe that might help you
Me and my two guys wear cotton, I wear long sleeves along with one other. The new guy wears shorts and short sleeves.
nobody in my area goes shirtless. I mean no body.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i think he was being facetious

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 09-06-2013, 12:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

:-) oh lol
Old 09-06-2013, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 205mx View Post
Me and my two guys wear cotton, I wear long sleeves along with one other. The new guy wears shorts and short sleeves.
nobody in my area goes shirtless. I mean no body.

Man I wish I didn't have to see some of these guys cutting shirtless. One day I was driving and I saw this guy with a guy the size of dallas and white as snow cutting. I almost pulled in to take a picture with him but didnt want any of his sweat on me
Old 09-06-2013, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Lol that's awesome. We don't have that here. Atleast not in my area of town
Old 09-06-2013, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valk View Post
Are these performance long sleeve shirts designed to fit loose or tight on one's arms and torso?
I ask cuz I actually purchased one once (perhaps too small, IDK) and it felt like I was wearing a sausage casing. NOT good. Yes, I'm stocky...and I prefer loose fitting clothing as opposed to some kind of spandex-y thang.
The tight shirts are meant to be worn while wearing pads. The skin tight fit wont bunch up under pads. I used to wear them playing HS lacrosse, and they were much better than a cotton T.

I sell Under Armour at my regular job, and get it for less than 1/2 price, so that is what I wear. I have tons of the loose fitting T's and a bunch of the tight turtle necks I wear when skiing or working outside in the cold.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Member

I prefer a cotton for the summer, as it can act as a natural wicking material. However, some synthetics will work a lot better. As for the SS vs LS, long sleeves would prevent sun burn on the arms, while short sleeve might be more comfortable. In addition (and I am sure with landscaping it is not a huge problem) the High Vis Green or Orange would be best as brighter colors will absorb less heat than darker clothes. Just some thoughts.

In the Army I work BDUs in 80-90s with close to 90% humidity. I thought it was a great material and had a cotton Tee and it was great. No sun burns. Darker colors though did make it a little hotter but I lived.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Me and our employees absolutely love the under armour! We gave each of them a choice if they wanted to wear the fitted or loose style or the compression. In the end everyone went with the compression style in long sleeve. We also have very fit employees so it doesn't effect the overall look of the company or employees.

On a side note, you wouldn't believe how many people, not just the clients, come up and want to feel and chat with the guys because the shirts intrigue them. One of the most stated questions is, "wow do you guys get body painted up before work each morning?" None of the guys have any issue with women pawing at their chests throughout the day ha ha.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Long sleeved shirt and long pants for me. I use Dickie's shirts and pants. I can open as many buttons as I need to on the shirt in order to let the breezes in. The biggest thing for me is it keeps the Sun off of my skin.