Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-18-2013, 04:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Full-page Color Ad thoughts, Like it?

I figured I'd go ahead and dump everything we offer within our next full-page color advertiser. Before now I'd only have 1/2 pine straw & 1/2 aeration but the season is on & I'm ready to be busy.
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2013, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Ad looks good. Are things that competitive down there that you have to mow for $49 to $65 a month?
Old 09-21-2013, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Very competitive since all 80,000 senior residents are within a 15-20 square mile radius. By opting for ZOYSIA it signifies one specific zone where the properties are pretty new with simple landscapes. I'll actually be a little on high side but nobody else bags so I think it will be catchy. Outside of this retirement area the locals are poor & aren't spending money to have their lawns manicured. A niche service is the only way to accumulate clients unless you want to try and underbid of which I'm not interested.
It's been 15 years since I last had a lawn service & those memories aren't fond ones.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-22-2013, 01:04 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Is the bagging something you actually believe in or is it just a sales angle you use because the senior crowd is fond of it? Most people are against bagging because your stopping the natural cycle. It takes enough nitrogen out of the soil that it can require an extra fertilization per year to make up for it. The bacteria, fungi, and protozoa that comprise most beneficial soil microbes thrive on grass clipping and that food source can't be replaced by extra synthetic fertilizer.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 09-22-2013, 03:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Here in nz its the normal to bag up the grass, nobody wants clippings or mulch over there nice looking lawn. Just a hand full of customers want the benefits of having us mulch clippings. After a days mowing i can have over 1.8 cubic meters of grass clippings in my trailer. Completely differant market over here guys. The flyers nice but i personally think theres way too much going on. just my 2 cents
Old 09-22-2013, 05:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've witnessed many ZOYSIA lawns get balding areas where they've tried mulching excessive growth from rainfall & the wet clippings mat together & smother the turf below. Our sandy soils seem to preserve rather than breakdown organic matter.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-22-2013, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

You must be getting more growth on a regular basis then we do here in central Texas with Zoysia. Here only if we get rain on top of irrigation do we get growth issues that generate too much extra clippings. We have all mowers set up as mulchers and never blow clippings on the turf where they can get suspended and not break down as quickly. Even here probably only 10% of the people mulch since they want to mow faster.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 09-22-2013, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good. What program did you use for the layout?

Scag mowers
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
www.ClarksvilleLawnCare.us

"Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later."
-Og Mandino
Old 09-22-2013, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

looks great but why three different phone numbers for various services?
Old 09-22-2013, 12:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My local paper designed it for me. I've enjoyed utilizing their art department 'cause then I have it to use elsewhere also.
Vanity phone numbers are a favorite for me because they are easier to remember. They not only tell people what product or service you offer but also how to reach you. The dethatching # 855-269-7667 is 855-Cow-Poop but it wasn't fitting so I just went with the actual #. I wish now I'd kept 855-No-Thatch but I gave it up & its been taken, something similar maybe.
For $1/call Answer America takes their info & emails & text it to me. Not everyone offers why they called so depending on which yahoo account the email comes to it tells me what they are calling for. My average return call takes less than 2 minutes to conclude since I have most, if not all their info already.
As soon as I see a message I strive to contact them just as soon as I can.
Posted via Mobile Device