Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
View Poll Results: Which tablet do you prefer?
Apple 57 51.35%
Android 49 44.14%
Surface 2 1.80%
What's a tablet? 3 2.70%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-16-2013, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It can be made to work either way but apple products play better with apple computers if you use macs for other operations. I have an android tablet and an android phone which works well for me (don't use the tablet in the field) but my fiance has all apple products and they work well for her. I will give apple credit they can build a battery like nobodies business so if battery life is a concern at all you may want to look that direction. Not saying android tablets don't have decent battery life but most apple products out perform most competitors for battery life.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ipad without a doubt. Androids are glitchy and alway make you do updates to fix glitches. Then the updates cause new glitches. I just don't have time for this crap. Give me a iphone or ipad and let me get to work.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have several iPads, I have a Motorola Xoom, a Galaxy Tab 7 and a Microsoft Surface. The iPad beats them hands down. Android is just a miserable experience all around for me. I've never used any version of Android that isn't glitchy or just awkward to use. The Surface needs to make up it's mind as to what it wants to be. It really doesn't do a good job of being a tablet or a replacement for a laptop. The aspect ratio of the screen makes it weird to hold in either orientation. Opinions aside you should buy what best suits your needs in the field. While the iPad is one of the nicest built pieces of hardware out there I certainly would not want to put a $500+ tablet in the hands of an employee unless they were strictly a supervisor and not a foreman or worker. As a couple of people have noted you can get some pretty nicely spec'd Android tablets for a lot less money.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Android for sure. My S4 and Nexus 10 are synced together and i can work circles around my wifes Ipad. She now wants my tablet over her Ipad.

Apple will also nickle you to death. Everythign costs money allloooootttt more free apps for android.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:57 AM
LawnSite Member

never had any problems with my droid tablet, phone or my laptop all being synced linked & on the same page with each other ... without ever lifting a finger for them to be there...

and dont have 4 GB's of extra crap stuck into everything from apple.

the key to being happy with Apple or an Ipad is makign sure that all your stuff is theirs.

honestly if i had a MAC comp, i phone & then & ipad... it would all be just fine. just go all out with either of these set ups and you'll be much happier than trying to mix the different items.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Really need too look at what platform your buisness programs support.

I have a both and prefer android. Remeber Apple is the only one building there product and android is an operating system just like windows. Blaming a tablets glitches on it's operating system is like blaming your PC's glitches on windows. Saying that Apple tends too suit people who are less tech savy than android stuff. The Google nexus 7 is hard too beat at 200.00 dollars. Really nice unit and very durable. Apple cannot touch it dollar for dollar and if I wanted too send tablest out with my employees it would be my choice. Anyone who says that either platform will not work efficiently is just misinformed. They both have issues and both need updates.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ Services View Post
Really need too look at what platform your buisness programs support.

I have a both and prefer android. Remeber Apple is the only one building there product and android is an operating system just like windows. Blaming a tablets glitches on it's operating system is like blaming your PC's glitches on windows. Saying that Apple tends too suit people who are less tech savy than android stuff. The Google nexus 7 is hard too beat at 200.00 dollars. Really nice unit and very durable. Apple cannot touch it dollar for dollar and if I wanted too send tablest out with my employees it would be my choice. Anyone who says that either platform will not work efficiently is just misinformed. They both have issues and both need updates.
Many agree that the Nexus 7 is the best bang for buck in the tablet world.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:42 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will P.C. View Post
Many agree that the Nexus 7 is the best bang for buck in the tablet world.
I have tried some of the cheaper off brand Android tablets and they are not ion the same ballpark as the Nexus tablets or the other more expensive ones like the Galaxy lines. I have the Gen 1 and want a Gen 2.

Another issue I have with Apple is no data and talk at the same time with cdma phones. My work is usually 45 min from my office and the ability too talk on phone, stream 4 g hot spot and or recieve data is priceless. The only way too get that with Apple is use a GSM phone carrier or buy an I tablet and pay for a data plan on it.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I have an iPad mini but will probably get a surface next year. The surface is more of a class of its own. Especially the pro. It's almost a laptop
Old 01-01-2014, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Member

We went with iPad minis and everyone was happy