Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-30-2013, 10:55 AM
LCR LCR is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 23
The cummins V8 only weighs like 150lbs more than the current Gasser in the Titan so I don't see that being a problem

The MPG thing people are misunderstanding completely, especially in this business. All the numbers people are quoting are unloaded. Whens the last time you serviced a property with nothing in the truck not hauling a trailer?

Unloaded the Dodge Diesel gets ~30mpg with 4x2 the Gasser gets 21mpg pretty much 50% more.
but the important thing is the loaded/towing numbers like everyone here cares about(or should).

In the F250 gassers we get 9ish towing the open trailers with 5 man crews. The diesels get 15-16 that 70+% better economy those numbers you can't argue with.

Friend with a dodge 3500 diesel gets 12-13 towing a 5thwheel RV my gasser 1500 gets that towing a 6x12.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-24-2013, 09:13 PM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 8,782
This isn't going to be a 6.7 litre from the Ram. More than likely it will be in the 4.5 litre V6 range. If they put a diesel in the Toyota Tundras I'm in. I recently converted all 3 of mine to Tundra 5.7s. Great mileage, tow anything my 3/4 tons did better and look better too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-24-2013, 09:59 PM
LCR LCR is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
This isn't going to be a 6.7 litre from the Ram. More than likely it will be in the 4.5 litre V6 range. If they put a diesel in the Toyota Tundras I'm in. I recently converted all 3 of mine to Tundra 5.7s. Great mileage, tow anything my 3/4 tons did better and look better too.
Posted via Mobile Device
The dodge 1500 diesel will be a 3.0L already tested it in a grand Cherokee which weighs the same as a ram and actually has a worse drag coefficient. The 4X2 netted 30mpg highway and 24 I think city. Compare that to the hemi which recommends premium gas that gets 20mpg highway and 16?? City.

Mobile so not looking up the city mpgs I just remember hwy
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Valk's Avatar
Valk Valk is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern KS
Posts: 2,721
I read in Truck Trend that this 3.0 liter in the Dodges is Italian in origin.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------
~ cut it high ~ let it fly ~
---------------------------------------------------
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Exact Rototilling's Avatar
Exact Rototilling Exact Rototilling is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Zone: 5B
Posts: 4,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
This isn't going to be a 6.7 litre from the Ram. More than likely it will be in the 4.5 litre V6 range. If they put a diesel in the Toyota Tundras I'm in. I recently converted all 3 of mine to Tundra 5.7s. Great mileage, tow anything my 3/4 tons did better and look better too.
Posted via Mobile Device
What kind of MPG #'s are you getting with the 5.7l vs. the 3/4 ton and 1 ton domestics...?

Empty and in tow....vs. the domestics...?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-25-2013, 02:04 PM
austins35 austins35 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Trampsterdamn
Posts: 90
if an when Toyota puts a diesel in the Tundra I'd be the first to buy one.... The rumor has been around for sometime No real info on a timeline though

__________________
HT131, FS80 (4), FS85 (3), FS90R (2), FS110R (3), FS130R (2), FS250 one bike, one loop, FS550 ("aka the Beast"), HL110k (2), FC110 (2), BR420 mag (3), BR600 Mag blowers (3) , 192T (2), 200T (1), MS290, MS261 (2), 660 a beast
880 more saw than anyone in Florida prob needs
Dolmar 7900
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-25-2013, 03:48 PM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 8,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
What kind of MPG #'s are you getting with the 5.7l vs. the 3/4 ton and 1 ton domestics...?

Empty and in tow....vs. the domestics...?
Posted via Mobile Device
22mpg empty and 15 towing mixed highway. 7x16 v nose. I attribute most of it to the tranny and the motor putting out a good amount of low end torque right at the 1500rpm cruising range.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-26-2013, 11:20 AM
Exact Rototilling's Avatar
Exact Rototilling Exact Rototilling is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Zone: 5B
Posts: 4,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
22mpg empty and 15 towing mixed highway. 7x16 v nose. I attribute most of it to the tranny and the motor putting out a good amount of low end torque right at the 1500rpm cruising range.
Posted via Mobile Device
Is this the 4wd model or 2wd...?

I have 3.4l V6 T100 4wd and I'm hard pressed to get 15mpg empty driving in hyper-miler mode. Towing with mixed 11-12mpg.

My recent acquisition is a smaller 2000 4wd Tacoma 2.7l 4 cylinder slated for an UteBed so I can have a full size truck bed area with better mpg.... 22 mpg empty on the Tacoma.

An 8' bed Tundra will be next for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-26-2013, 12:31 PM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 8,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
Is this the 4wd model or 2wd...?

I have 3.4l V6 T100 4wd and I'm hard pressed to get 15mpg empty driving in hyper-miler mode. Towing with mixed 11-12mpg.

My recent acquisition is a smaller 2000 4wd Tacoma 2.7l 4 cylinder slated for an UteBed so I can have a full size truck bed area with better mpg.... 22 mpg empty on the Tacoma.

An 8' bed Tundra will be next for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
2WD. These are 2012 models. A lot has changed with 4.6, 4.7 and 5.7 models and trannys from the early days.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 AM.

Page generated in 0.06530 seconds with 9 queries