Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Port Angeles, Washington
Posts: 20,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchgo View Post
I've seen that before.. man that thing looks old
In it's time, it was state-of-the-art. We had one of the first. That gave us not only a paper trail, but dowload capabilities. The cool thing about that unit, was you could pull a 2 minute test, and prove a check/ball valve was failing. Anything less than two minutes is worthless in testing, IMHO.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-22-2013, 10:01 PM
londonrain's Avatar
londonrain londonrain is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Riding a golfcart with RainMaster Remote in hand
Posts: 2,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegyver View Post
My question is simple: How do you keep your test forms dry and clean? Between some drips/sweat from my hands and dirt (on outdoor tests) I can't keep them clean enough to submit. Lately I've been just filling in the test info/address on the sheet I use in the field and then copy to a clean form at office. This gets to be a pain. Thoughts?
Mike
My water purveyor likes the forms dirty, they know I test them. They called me and asked if I tested a backflow. I said no and they said" we did not think so, the form was too clean" a homeowner had been filling out the from from a past test, I did years ago and sending it in.
__________________
Good repair jobs aren't cheap. Cheap repair jobs aren't good.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-24-2013, 09:23 PM
Mikegyver Mikegyver is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Longview TX
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
In it's time, it was state-of-the-art. We had one of the first. That gave us not only a paper trail, but dowload capabilities. The cool thing about that unit, was you could pull a 2 minute test, and prove a check/ball valve was failing. Anything less than two minutes is worthless in testing, IMHO.
Something deep inside me says that water and electricity do not mix...
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonrain View Post
My water purveyor likes the forms dirty, they know I test them. They called me and asked if I tested a backflow. I said no and they said" we did not think so, the form was too clean" a homeowner had been filling out the from from a past test, I did years ago and sending it in.
Most of the time they go to the city, and I like putting a good foot forward.
__________________
Scag, Exmark, Honda, Shindaiwa, Redmax. Commercial and residential Lawncare, Irrigation (LI and BPAT), and Landscaping. Fully insured.
Mikegyver Pics Thread
Quote:
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Port Angeles, Washington
Posts: 20,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegyver View Post
Something deep inside me says that water and electricity do not mix...
Battery-powered, Mikie.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-24-2013, 11:59 PM
Mikegyver Mikegyver is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Longview TX
Posts: 1,789
Still. Wasn't referring to the electrocution hazard (its not existent) but more so about corrosion, etc.
__________________
Scag, Exmark, Honda, Shindaiwa, Redmax. Commercial and residential Lawncare, Irrigation (LI and BPAT), and Landscaping. Fully insured.
Mikegyver Pics Thread
Quote:
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-25-2013, 11:56 AM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Port Angeles, Washington
Posts: 20,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegyver View Post
Still. Wasn't referring to the electrocution hazard (its not existent) but more so about corrosion, etc.
True, I had no trouble with the Watts tester, even in our salt water enviornment. However, with a tester that expensive, tou can imagine I took very good care of it! Still the best test kit ever made.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:36 AM.

Page generated in 0.08730 seconds with 9 queries