Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-24-2013, 04:48 PM
LawnSite Member

mulcher or bagger?

Hey gang, trying to figure out what will be better. I have a toro ss5000, 50 inch, mulch kit or bagger? we all know time is money so I was thinking mulcher. just want opinions. thanks
Old 08-25-2013, 02:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyhem View Post
Hey gang, trying to figure out what will be better. I have a toro ss5000, 50 inch, mulch kit or bagger? we all know time is money so I was thinking mulcher. just want opinions. thanks
Really depends on your market, a lot of people in nj are adamant about bagging for some stupid reason. They just like the clean look it provides, regardless of the fact they wouldn't need to spend 700 a year on true green service if they just threw a bag of weed and feed down and mulched their clippings.

See what your competition is doing, if its a lot of bagging, get a bagger. When you lose opportunities to not having the right equipment you'll be thankful.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Just scored a basically brand new 7500 Redmax for $300. Stoked to use it for leaves this year!

'13 F350 CC/LB
48" Exmark Metro
6X10 Integrity Enclosed Trailer
22" Craftsman
RedMax 7500 Blower
Cub Cadet backpack, trimmer
Stihl MS-290 saw
'07 Honda Foreman 500 - Plow Rig

What it all pays for:
2006 Harley Davidson Road King Classic

Old 09-22-2013, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenningsLandscaping View Post
Really depends on your market, a lot of people in nj are adamant about bagging for some stupid reason. They just like the clean look it provides, regardless of the fact they wouldn't need to spend 700 a year on true green service if they just threw a bag of weed and feed down and mulched their clippings.

See what your competition is doing, if its a lot of bagging, get a bagger. When you lose opportunities to not having the right equipment you'll be thankful.
anyone using trugreen doesn't give a sh*t about quality anyway
Old 09-23-2013, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenningsLandscaping View Post

Educate your clients on the benefits of mulching. Rutgers Fact Sheets are helpful. Charge extra for bagging. Don't try to match the big guys prices, sell quality.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 09-24-2013, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut It Close View Post
Anyone know of good Scag dealer in the South Jersey area that actually stocks Scag equipment? None of the so called scag dealers around the Cherry Hill area stock anything. It's all special order. I'm interested in making the switch from Wright Standers to Scag V-Rides. Some of these guys don't even know what a V-Ride is. But they're a dealer. Where's everyone getting there Scag V-Rides? I'm willing to travel the state a little too. Thanks.
Middlesex power in middlesex nj they might be on the high end on price but are super knowledgeable on what they sell
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-25-2013, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

anyone else starting to cut their every week customers every other week? these lawns aren't growing at all right now. usually i go till the end of october but it's hard to imagine that if it doesn't start raining.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scagman 48 View Post
Middlesex power in middlesex nj they might be on the high end on price but are super knowledgeable on what they sell
Posted via Mobile Device
i go to middlesex power.. they don't carry scag equipment there. it's mainly toro, bobcat and wright mowers. redmax and stihl blowers and trimmers.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire3416 View Post
i go to middlesex power.. they don't carry scag equipment there. it's mainly toro, bobcat and wright mowers. redmax and stihl blowers and trimmers.
They sell them. The most they have is v rides once in a blue moon. My friend bought my scag in 04 from them plus they carry every part for them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-29-2013, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire3416 View Post
anyone else starting to cut their every week customers every other week? these lawns aren't growing at all right now. usually i go till the end of october but it's hard to imagine that if it doesn't start raining.
None of my lawns seem to be growing much. We definitely could use some rain, but I don't see any in the forecast.
Posted via Mobile Device