Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-26-2013, 11:56 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML View Post
I will have them take a 2nd look at the water pump next oil change in a month or so. Sounds like you are or were a mechanic,,,do you think it is worth buying another cap for the coolant tank???? Can't imagine they cost much are these known to get loose and wear out letting coolant evaporate out???
Posted via Mobile Device
No they won't let coolant evaporate. The only problem I've had is them not holding pressure. They're $35 Ive never replaced one but its not a bad idea for maintenance.

At. 120 I'd go ahead and do the water pump. Should take less than 20 minutes start to finish

And yes I was a mechanic for a few years. Just got tired of working the long hours
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-09-2014, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Update if anyone is searching for similar problem.

Finally found to be coming from rear intake manifold bolts. Shop replaced the gaskets and checked all the bolts and replaced several. This also seems to haves stopped the SES light from coming on at times.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-18-2014, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

WTF now it is leaking from the exact same area (rear manifold bolt) on both sides worse than before I brought it in!!!! The area is more wet and more noticeable and will occasionally drip onto the ground. It never was that noticeable prior to bringing it in. Back to the shop next week. I should hope I won't have to pay any extra since the problem is not fixed and is actually worse on both sides.

Any ideas on where they went wrong? They replaced both rear bolts and looks like a new gasket. It is clearly coming from the rear bolt area on the manifold. This is an independent shop been in business at same location for many years and have a great reputation as far as I can tell.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-22-2014, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Same thing for me about 6 weeks ago. Lasted for about 2 weeks. One day I came outside and it was all over the ground. Water pump.
Posted via Mobile Device