Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-26-2013, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

a reason not to own husqvarna

I fixed a ez5221 light commercial ztr for some one and all it needed was a dang idler pully. I ordered it last Monday and guess when they would have it in? October 16 is when the factory planned on shipping it. 30 days after I ordered it. I went up to my kubota/simplicity dealer and he had a generic one in stock. This is the exact idler pully as what's on ferris/snapper/simplicity. Im so glad I don't own a husqvarna and this will keep me from buying any of their hand helds as well.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-27-2013, 02:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

All businesses go through crap with supply problems every once in a while. Right now it's just Husqvarna's turn. It isn't really a good reason to not buy a handheld sold by them, especially when you can go to any Redmax dealer and get just about any part you might ever need for one. Kubota makes some great stuff, but they still haven't figured out that having hydro pedals on the same side as turning brakes on their CUT's is moronic. Would it keep me from buying one? Doubtful.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:59 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
All businesses go through crap with supply problems every once in a while. Right now it's just Husqvarna's turn. It isn't really a good reason to not buy a handheld sold by them, especially when you can go to any Redmax dealer and get just about any part you might ever need for one. Kubota makes some great stuff, but they still haven't figured out that having hydro pedals on the same side as turning brakes on their CUT's is moronic. Would it keep me from buying one? Doubtful.
Its not a supply issue. This would be like jd having a supply issue. They have the parts, they use them every day on the assembly line. 2 dealers said the same thing, they won't send parts, they won't tell us what's going on until we call and ask, and they don't care. This the largest worldwide lawn equipment manufactor. This is not limited to this part, the dealer said its every order they make. Also on the L's the Kubota of left hand side breaks.

Your up late haha
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-27-2013, 07:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
Its not a supply issue. This would be like jd having a supply issue. They have the parts, they use them every day on the assembly line. 2 dealers said the same thing, they won't send parts, they won't tell us what's going on until we call and ask, and they don't care. This the largest worldwide lawn equipment manufactor. This is not limited to this part, the dealer said its every order they make. Also on the L's the Kubota of left hand side breaks.

Your up late haha
Posted via Mobile Device
That's is a supply problem bro. They have the parts, but can't supply them right now. I've read various reasons for it, but who knows the real story?

If the L's have them on the left finally, it's only recently, and they should have been all along. If Deere could figure it out, and then New Holland several years after that, it should have taken a good company like Kubota so long to get it right, and it darn sure shouldn't be limited to just their flagship model.

So are you LOL.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

They just like other companies have issues when it comes with older models and getting parts quick. It would not stop me from buying one of there products they are really making some top quality ztr in my opinion.
13 Husqavarna 323
Accelerator 4.2 cu
7x16 Sure-Trac open trailer
http://www.360lawncarenc.com/
Old 09-27-2013, 08:31 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360lawncare View Post
They just like other companies have issues when it comes with older models and getting parts quick. It would not stop me from buying one of there products they are really making some top quality ztr in my opinion.
This is current model parts. The dealer said in one instance they had to pull an axle off the assembly line to the end customer. Also October 16 was not just my order but the group order which included a bagger someone else who just bought a garden tractor. The one dealer said its been ongoing the whole year and might drop them because of it. Like I said this the exact pulley used on brigs mowers. If they sent having supply issues then why husky? If this was bb you guys would be eating this up haha.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-27-2013, 08:42 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
That's is a supply problem bro. They have the parts, but can't supply them right now. I've read various reasons for it, but who knows the real story?

If the L's have them on the left finally, it's only recently, and they should have been all along. If Deere could figure it out, and then New Holland several years after that, it should have taken a good company like Kubota so long to get it right, and it darn sure shouldn't be limited to just their flagship model.

So are you LOL.
Ya I've been mowing all night haha I get to go from Sturgis to Angola and then back up to Jackson
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-28-2013, 08:32 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I was at the fair yesterday looking at jd tractors and none of the cut's even had steer brake pedals. At least the 1000-3000 didn't. I would imagine the 4000 would.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-28-2013, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know which models you were looking at or where at on them because they all have them. This was lifted right from Deere's site, and is for their smallest CUT, the new 2025R-

"Sturdy ratchet-type park brake (A) is included for positive parking position
Individual wheel brake pedals.
Competitive advantage - competitive hydrostatic tractors locate brake pedals on same side as their foot control (treadle pedal, right-hand side)
This makes the turning brakes useless for maneuvering
The 2025R and 2032R brake pedals are located on the left-hand side so the operator's right foot is free to operate the HST foot pedals
Especially useful for making tight turns or when maneuvering the tractor with a loader or snow blower"
Old 09-28-2013, 12:44 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
I don't know which models you were looking at or where at on them because they all have them. This was lifted right from Deere's site, and is for their smallest CUT, the new 2025R-

"Sturdy ratchet-type park brake (A) is included for positive parking position
Individual wheel brake pedals.
Competitive advantage - competitive hydrostatic tractors locate brake pedals on same side as their foot control (treadle pedal, right-hand side)
This makes the turning brakes useless for maneuvering
The 2025R and 2032R brake pedals are located on the left-hand side so the operator's right foot is free to operate the HST foot pedals
Especially useful for making tight turns or when maneuvering the tractor with a loader or snow blower"
3038e. I drove a 3032e also. No individual brakes. Also the yanmars have them on the left as well.
Posted via Mobile Device