Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-25-2013, 09:38 AM
LawnSite Member

10 hp giant vac question

i have a 10 hp giant vac push and i dont wanna spend the money to get a leaf loader i was thinking about converting my push giant vac into a leaf loader by just attaching a hose to the front has anyone ever thought of doing this ???
Old 09-25-2013, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickz123 View Post
i have a 10 hp giant vac push and i dont wanna spend the money to get a leaf loader i was thinking about converting my push giant vac into a leaf loader by just attaching a hose to the front has anyone ever thought of doing this ???
I can't remember which one but it was either little wonder or giant vac that actually made a conversion kit for a push blower. My dad used one at one time, and he said it worked great. Blew the leaves then slapped the hoses on and loaded the truck. If you have any fabrication skills you can get it done. I was actually thinking of doing this myself but bought a loader instead so I am curious as to how this will turn out. Go for it man.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-26-2013, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Member

i took the front cover off of the blower and just flipped it around and it has a lil lip to attach a hose i dont know if the lip extends out long enough but i put a smaller hose up to it and its pretty powerful so now all i need is a hose i wish i took a pic of it... i dont know why people dont just do this instead of buying a leaf loader now i have a multi use blower
Old 09-26-2013, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
i took the front cover off of the blower and just flipped it around and it has a lil lip to attach a hose i dont know if the lip extends out long enough but i put a smaller hose up to it and its pretty powerful so now all i need is a hose i wish i took a pic of it... i dont know why people dont just do this instead of buying a leaf loader now i have a multi use blower
Yeah man get some pics up. What are you thinking for discharge and what are you loading into?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-27-2013, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Member

im juts going to be loading leaves and the discharge would be where the air comes out and normally blows the leaves but im gonna build walls around my trailer and ill cut a lil hole and put the blower on the trailerand put the discharge in that lil hole
Old 09-28-2013, 11:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
im juts going to be loading leaves and the discharge would be where the air comes out and normally blows the leaves but im gonna build walls around my trailer and ill cut a lil hole and put the blower on the trailerand put the discharge in that lil hole
Let us know how it works out for ya.
Posted via Mobile Device