Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-11-2013, 03:37 PM
Sponsor

Cut It Close,

Remove the fuel solenoid from the bottom of the carb (careful as the float bowl will come with it) and make sure it is moving freely, it may be sticking causing the fuel to not be shut off when the key switch is turned off, it is there to help prevent backfiring. Did you determine which spindles were in your deck? If the blades are too low besides blowout the vacuum of the deck would be lowered if the blades are too low and the caster area will be the first area to struggle. When at the 3" height on the lift system what are the front blade tips measuring?

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Member

I believe I have the 71460114 spindle. When deck is at 3" blade tip is 2.5" from ground. Mower is at shop again. When I pulled left side plug engine shut off. When I pulled right side plug engine stayed on but ran real rough like it was going to stall. This was done at idle speed. Coil?
Old 09-12-2013, 01:08 PM
Sponsor

Cut It Close,

Look under the spindle pulley at the top of the spindle, if it is a 71460114 then there will be a cap on top of the spindle that spins with the shaft. When the old deck has the baffle installed the blade height (cutting edge to top of wing section) should be split in half by the lower edge of the baffle. If a 71460114 is in the deck then it does use 2 blade spacers in its set up but that should still be a 3" cut height. Sounds like the right coil is bad and the engine is only running on the one cylinder.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Here's a pick of the spindle. Also dealer can't find anything wrong with engine. Engine runs fine when at dealer. So of course 2 lawns in I get backfire after shutting down at low throttle then backfire at startup mid throttle...engage blade, sputter, a little backfire. I go to full throttle then it evens out and I'm good. I go thru this a few times a week. Sometimes it runs fine for a few days. Guess I'll just deal with it. Not gonna pay dealer to look for problems that they can't seem to find.
Attached Images

Old 09-18-2013, 09:42 AM
Sponsor

Cut It Close,

Not sure why you are getting a 2.5" tip measurement when at 3" on the lift system especially since the blade is a spacer higher then the normal set. Where are the black C spacers in the caster yoke assembly positioned? The stock set is one between the yoke and caster arm and one on top of the caster arm tube below the pin.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:48 PM
LawnSite Member

hydro issue?

New issue...standing on mower the right hydro seems to not have as much power as the left side. Tires are both inflated same psi. It will drive straight once it gets going. If I'm at a stop and hit the right lever forward it barely moves. Levers together you can feel the lack of power on that side but it then seems to even out. I hope the hydro pump isn't going. I can't catch a break with this machine.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:54 AM
Sponsor

Cut It Close,

How does it perform on slopes, does the problem side seem to shut down?

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightCommercial View Post
Cut It Close,

How does it perform on slopes, does the problem side seem to shut down?

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
That's what's weird. It's only from a stop that you feel it. I have to feather it slightly then I go full blast cut, turn etc.. On a slope you may feel it giving it out. It's almost like the feeling of the tire is spinning.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-27-2013, 02:45 PM
Sponsor

Cut It Close,

Any unusual noises coming from that side of the system? Do you know how many hours are on the hydro belt, or is it possibly the original? It seems like the belt might be slipping but you will usually see that in the left side since it has less pulley wrap on the left hydro pulley. The slope question is related to the wheel motor, a common symptom of a failing wheel motor is it will seem fine on flat ground but the demand of the slope will make it seem like it looses all drive. Check for any loose fittings on that side of the system to make sure there is no air possibly getting into that side of the system.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Brand new hydro belt in summer. There's no noise. On slight slopes now that side gives up. I get no power. i can still cut with it but it seems like its getting worse. Glad the season is just about over.