Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 09-23-2011, 02:22 PM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: S W Florida
Posts: 11,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Ric, you are on my ignore list (due to all your lawnsite.com violations). Do everybody a favor --- quit posting on my threads until you abide by the rules and treat folks like they should be treated. Common sense. Common courtesy. Nuf said.
Larry

Great excluse out of explaining your lack of understanding of agronomy and Fertilizer.

Glad I am on your ignore list, that way I can still correct your tons of Misinformation with out educating you.
__________________
.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-24-2011, 08:43 AM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: S W Florida
Posts: 11,101
.


In the Lawn mowing forum we talk about Mow & Go scrubs. Well Fertilizer has Mow & Go scrubs also. Many of these people just don't have clue. Some think they Know it all and try and tell others how to. Some just like to brag about how good they are.

Potassium, K develops vascular flow, which is important for flowering, stem strength, vigor, disease resistance and overall hardiness. But most important is root development for drought stress resistance. Potassium fully Mobile systemically in the plant. Potassium leaches readily from the soil. I personally like to use potassium on a one to one ratio with nitrogen. However it is a more expensive fertilizer.


Potassium Deficiencies, first yellowing between veins of older leaves with yellow specks in the veins. Leaves then turn brown on the out side margin.


From past Experience I have found the TG/CL type operation Will pass on the application of Potassium because it shows no visible response immediately. Potassium is a Luxury Element or nutrient that plants readily up take all that is available. It seem to me only those with some understanding of Agronomy will spend the money to give the Customer a Really True and complete nutrient application. Of course when drought occur the Complete nutrient package now shows a visible response because those lawns stay greener longer because of the Root EXTENTION cause by Potassium.


..
__________________
.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Last edited by Ric; 09-24-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Smallaxe Smallaxe is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 9,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
... Potassium, K develops vascular flow, which is important for flowering, stem strength, vigor, disease resistance and overall hardiness. But most important is root development for drought stress resistance. Potassium fully Mobile systemically in the plant. Potassium leaches readily from the soil. I personally like to use potassium on a one to one ratio with nitrogen. However it is a more expensive fertilizer.


Potassium Deficiencies, first yellowing between veins of older leaves with yellow specks in the veins. Leaves then turn brown on the out side margin.


From past Experience I have found the TG/CL type operation Will pass on the application of Potassium because it shows no visible response immediately. Potassium is a Luxury Element or nutrient that plants readily up take all that is available. It seem to me only those with some understanding of Agronomy will spend the money to give the Customer a Really True and complete nutrient application. Of course when drought occur the Complete nutrient package now shows a visible response because those lawns stay greener longer because of the Root EXTENTION cause by Potassium.


..
Good description of K use, and up here it is a necessary winterizer for all plants because it is the main ingredient for the "anti-freeze" of the plants...
__________________
*
Now that I know that clay's texture(platelets) has nothing to do with water infiltration, percolation, or drainage
,,, I wonder what does...
*
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-24-2011, 10:33 AM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: S W Florida
Posts: 11,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
Good description of K use, and up here it is a necessary winterizer for all plants because it is the main ingredient for the "anti-freeze" of the plants...
Smallaxe

I am sure your Midwest soil need Potassium as does our Sandy Crap they call soil here in Coastal Florida. The thing is, Corporate American in their quest for super profits and no moral responsibility, love the High Profits of 6 N to 1 K ratio. The general public and even some 30 year veteran Yard Boys don't have a clue. They Blindly follow the Propaganda. Fact is many Fert & Squirt Company wouldn't know what to put out if their Chemical sales didn't have a ring in their nose and dragged them to the most profitable program FOR THE CHEMICAL COMPANY.

BTW Older Members will recognize part of my Potassium post as a C & P from my old Website I had to take down after being sued by Lawn Doctor. After 6 years I plan to put that information back up on a different domain name. I wrote it when I was still teaching in a Golf Course Management program Part time at our local College. I am afraid I get very up set with the Idiots who do half Ass-ed work and have no understanding of the Principles of Best Management Practices. They are Re-active not pro-active and come to Lawnsite wondering why their lawns are yellow have weeds and Grubs.
__________________
.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-24-2011, 06:24 PM
Smallaxe Smallaxe is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 9,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Smallaxe

I am sure your Midwest soil need Potassium as does our Sandy Crap they call soil here in Coastal Florida. The thing is, Corporate American in their quest for super profits and no moral responsibility, love the High Profits of 6 N to 1 K ratio. The general public and even some 30 year veteran Yard Boys don't have a clue. They Blindly follow the Propaganda. Fact is many Fert & Squirt Company wouldn't know what to put out if their Chemical sales didn't have a ring in their nose and dragged them to the most profitable program FOR THE CHEMICAL COMPANY.

BTW Older Members will recognize part of my Potassium post as a C & P from my old Website I had to take down after being sued by Lawn Doctor. After 6 years I plan to put that information back up on a different domain name. I wrote it when I was still teaching in a Golf Course Management program Part time at our local College. I am afraid I get very up set with the Idiots who do half Ass-ed work and have no understanding of the Principles of Best Management Practices. They are Re-active not pro-active and come to Lawnsite wondering why their lawns are yellow have weeds and Grubs.
I agree, most folks learn lawncare from the label on a Scott's bag, when they start out... Unfortunately they continue the mindset and advance to support the JDL dealers...

I've never run into yellow lawns so much as I deal with faded green lawns due to drought and tree competition for water and the shade that goes with it... So far the fall color is good with proper rain and the 6-1 ratio, but what you say is good to know...

I wonder if the K in the grass clippings is more easliy retained by the turf or if it leaches as quickly as the mulch decays... ??
__________________
*
Now that I know that clay's texture(platelets) has nothing to do with water infiltration, percolation, or drainage
,,, I wonder what does...
*
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-24-2011, 10:33 PM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: S W Florida
Posts: 11,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
I agree, most folks learn lawncare from the label on a Scott's bag, when they start out... Unfortunately they continue the mindset and advance to support the JDL dealers...

I've never run into yellow lawns so much as I deal with faded green lawns due to drought and tree competition for water and the shade that goes with it... So far the fall color is good with proper rain and the 6-1 ratio, but what you say is good to know...

I wonder if the K in the grass clippings is more easliy retained by the turf or if it leaches as quickly as the mulch decays... ??
Smallaxe

Yep all they know came straight from the corporate marketing propaganda. But what gets me is when they come to lawnsite posting that misinformation trying to pass it off as Agronomy. They might be able to BS themselves, But they aren't fooling anyone but the Kids who are reading the same Propaganda. I think everyone knows who is famous for bragging and BS.
__________________
.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Smallaxe Smallaxe is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 9,825
I always wish the "Detractors" would conitnue to come forward and prove us wrong... but we will never hear from them again until some other ol' wives' tale, hits the scene...

Then they'll repeat what the Scott's Label told them since day 1...
(it's like voting for Obama, twice)... who said that???...
__________________
*
Now that I know that clay's texture(platelets) has nothing to do with water infiltration, percolation, or drainage
,,, I wonder what does...
*
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-27-2011, 10:44 AM
mikesturf's Avatar
mikesturf mikesturf is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
Good description of K use, and up here it is a necessary winterizer for all plants because it is the main ingredient for the "anti-freeze" of the plants...
What type of K do you like. Muriate of potash (KCl - Potassium chloride) or
Sulfate of potash (Potassium sulfate - K2S04)? One of my suppliers has both for the winterizer, but the sulfate of potash is much more expensive, he says the lower salt index will show better turf results. Potassium chloride is used for ice melt and every spring, I see ice melt damage along driveways and along streets where ice melt was used excessively.

I'd like your input-thanks.
__________________
Obama is so bad, Kenyans are accusing him of being born in the USA.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 09-27-2011, 05:41 PM
Smallaxe Smallaxe is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 9,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesturf View Post
What type of K do you like. Muriate of potash (KCl - Potassium chloride) or
Sulfate of potash (Potassium sulfate - K2S04)? One of my suppliers has both for the winterizer, but the sulfate of potash is much more expensive, he says the lower salt index will show better turf results. Potassium chloride is used for ice melt and every spring, I see ice melt damage along driveways and along streets where ice melt was used excessively.

I'd like your input-thanks.
I really don't pay attention to what is in the bag... the box store bag or the high end bags seems to yeild similar results... I do check out the amount of slow release to help with timing and frequncy of the fall apps, so that I can be confident that most is used up b4 winter...

I suppose I should be educated on one or another but what I pick up, anywhere I happen to be, seems to work just fine..
__________________
*
Now that I know that clay's texture(platelets) has nothing to do with water infiltration, percolation, or drainage
,,, I wonder what does...
*
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 09-29-2013, 09:34 PM
AllBrad AllBrad is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: somewhere south
Posts: 73
sub..............................
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:11 PM.

Page generated in 0.07874 seconds with 9 queries