Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-29-2013, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Time to trade!

We are seriously thinking about trading our Boxer 427 for a new machine. We bought the Boxer used and have LOVED it. However, I am very hesitant to buy a new one with all of the ownership changes and lack of dealers.

What I like about the Boxer is the power. It is so strong, and does everything I ask it to do. I have run the newest Vermeer 650, and really like it. But, wow its expensive, the dealer is over an hour away, and the salesman couldn't care less if he sells me one or not. I have not run a track model Toro, but ran the wheeled unit. I am concerned if the 525TX would have the power that the Boxer or Vermeer has. Specifically lift capacity and hydraulic capacity. The Toro makes the most sense because there is a Toro dealer in my town. I don't particularly care for the Bobcat because it doesn't come with a platform and requires different mounting plates than my current attachments. I know the Ditch Witch is a powerhouse but have heard my share of horror stories from it.

So, the question is, what do you guys think? What do you run? What do you like/dislike about the machines? What is best?
Old 09-29-2013, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We have the Vermeer 600tx
Really like it and it's got plenty of juice.
Good luck with your decision.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-01-2013, 06:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING View Post
We have the Vermeer 600tx
Really like it and it's got plenty of juice.
Good luck with your decision.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-01-2013, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Well that post didn't work did it!

The question that I was asking was what size bucket were you running on your Vermeer. I ran the 650 a couple of weeks ago from a rental place while mine was in the shop and felt like it would push a 48" bucket. Since I thought of asking this question, I have spoken with the Vermeer salesman and they sell them with a 48" bucket.

Interesting that Toro and Vermeer are both confident enough in their product that they are both going to deliver their machines to a larger jobsite of mine and let me run them side by side... That will be nice.

I'd still love to hear anyone else's feedback.