Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-27-2013, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Not quite following you Micheal. To quote from the forum I just hit quote and start typing. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure Ed is talking about the messaging feature. You can't scroll down in that feature. You can respond until the area is full then your SOL. I haven't tried to respond at the top of the messaging board but maybe that is what you have to do while messaging. Seems odd to that. (Private messaging feature)
Old 09-27-2013, 07:28 PM
Moderator, Online Communities

I was thinking he meant posting in general and replying to another's post, not the messaging system...let me check on that as well
Old 09-27-2013, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Several advertisers have boxes that can be scrolled like the turf magazine on this site
Attached Images

Old 09-28-2013, 04:03 PM

I have tried replicating your problem and it is not happening on my end...whether using my iPad and/or Droid mobile device, I am able to reply to posts with quotes and scroll down below the quote in order to post and also able to do the same when responding to private messages as Russell was mentioning.

when using the iPad, I am able to just touch and drag within the message box and then once below the quote, I can touch the screen to place my cursor there and begin entering text.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael J. Donovan View Post
I have tried replicating your problem and it is not happening on my end...whether using my iPad and/or Droid mobile device, I am able to reply to posts with quotes and scroll down below the quote in order to post and also able to do the same when responding to private messages as Russell was mentioning.

when using the iPad, I am able to just touch and drag within the message box and then once below the quote, I can touch the screen to place my cursor there and begin entering text.
can't move your text up and in this box and your search box goes away when keyboard is enabled.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Micheal and ED, I was messing with the private messaging feature on my IPAD again to try to scroll down. I didn't realize the little (small blue) arrows just above the text area allowed me to scroll up and down. Thought that is what they were for but it never worked for me. It does now. Not sure why, maybe I'm slow. Lol Thanks for looking into it Micheal.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:33 PM

no problem Russell and, as I mentioned, I am able to just touch and drag within the message box itself on my iPad
Old 09-30-2013, 07:21 PM

I am able to scroll with my droid when I place the cursor anywhere in the text of the quote. Then I used one finger to scroll down to the end. Then Tap at the end outside the quote to begin responding. Like Mike instructed. That is with a quote that fills the entire screen
Old 09-30-2013, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I am able to scroll with my droid when I place the cursor anywhere in the text of the quote. Then I used one finger to scroll down to the end. Then Tap at the end outside the quote to begin responding. Like Mike instructed. That is with a quote that fills the entire screen
I have an apple IPAD. When I use my finger it moves the entire screen up and down not just the text of the message. Maybe there is something in the settings of the IPAD that corrects that but as long as I can use the arrows to scroll, that works. I was on the Duramax diesal forum ordering several parts to upgrade my truck a month ago and had about 15 messages I started just to carry on a conversation to make sure I got the parts. On the bright side the old 04 duramax runs like a raped ape. Lol
Old 10-01-2013, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think it is a tablet setting I can scrool "Building a Bio-Business" a window on one of lawnsites sections.
Attached Images