Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-30-2013, 03:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Takes me 15 min to rebuild most carbs, finish a piece same day rather than wait a week have to start and stop same piece. If your method works for you more often excellent. I'm shedding light on my method and it works for me. There's more than one way to skin a cat
It is very important for you to post your results once the problem is solved so that people will be able to reference a solution to their problem down the road. YEARS may go by and someone has the same problem PLEASE POST YOUR "IT WAS FIXED WITH x SOLUTION.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerepairdotcom View Post
Takes me 15 min to rebuild most carbs,
??????????

......AMF!
Old 09-30-2013, 04:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Do I need to make a you tube video to prove this? I'm talking drain fuel, remove carb 1-2 min disassembly 1-2 min, Pop in ultrasonic washer. Run for 3-5 min rinse blow dry 2 min install 2- 3 min kit assemble and reattach fuel start adjust carb.
It is very important for you to post your results once the problem is solved so that people will be able to reference a solution to their problem down the road. YEARS may go by and someone has the same problem PLEASE POST YOUR "IT WAS FIXED WITH x SOLUTION.

Last edited by tigerepairdotcom; 09-30-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerepairdotcom View Post
In my experience 2 stroke carbs RARELY go bad out of the 590 in the last 2 years (Computer look up) 2 stroke carbs I have ever cleaned/rebuilt I have only put 7 new carbs... For my shop Historically 98% of 2 stroke carbs are rebuild able

all the carbs I replaced the customer excessively tightened the adjustment screws or used screwdriver to take off and bent butterfly shaft rendering inoperable

You might consider using a shop with an ultrasonic cleaner. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRksbn8T-qU

Sometimes I thought I had to change a carb as a last resort Id spray carb cleaner into the high/low jet then blow with air 2 or 3 times BAM done. So unless you racked on your adjustment and screwed up the needle seat your carb is statistically rebuild able. Don't just give in to the shop not having the necessary equipment telling you you need new carb

If you don't have ultrasonic and you do this for a living you are joke..
Tiger,
Pardon my French, but WTF are you smokin?

Are we supposed to believe from your comment that you have never had a carburetor with the sealant come loose?

You have never had a carburetor come in that was varnished beyond repair?

You have never had a carburetor come in that had water/ethanol in it that corroded the body?

Speaking of a joke!

How very observant of you there captain obvious.

The amount of FREE information that you receive here will be directly proportional to the amount of information that you provide!
Old 09-30-2013, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
Well....... ya tried to help him!

When the M.I.B come a'knockin' on yer: door.....
Jus' 'member what ol' "Tater Salad" said...
Guess I can try to ignore this know nothng.,..; know it all :
Guess all them 2 stroke schools didn't tell him that tampering with carb adjustments was illegal

Unless you have a certified 2 or 4 gas analizer...and are certified to use it..using your carb adjusting screwdrivers is illegal....as there is no way to prove your adjustments did mpt compromise the emmisions...

I have never found a use for the magic cleaning box...aka..ultrasonic cleaner...
I just spray solvent thru the blocked passage. And reinstall the carb....
Old 10-01-2013, 12:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

You have never had a carburetor come in that was varnished beyond repair?
You have never had a carburetor come in that had water/ethanol in it that corroded the body?

They are so few and far between they were negligible to mention Most of those failed compression test and didn't get fixed because customer bought for 70-100 and didnt want to spend as much as purchase price. NOW WE~RE GETTING OFF TOPIC

Look dudes. We obviously got off on the wrong foot with my ultrasonic cleaner and my comment about shops that don't use them being a joke. I take back that and should have approached that differently.

We also got off topic when somone mentioned my high rev with air lean on a 4 stroke which was a mistake However you got the guy taking his governer apart when it could just as kilely have been a starving carb with a stretched spring to rev higher. THATS NOT THE POINT

Guess I can try to ignore this know nothng.,..; know it all :

STOP RIGHT THERE, That's enough. We obviously are all qualified technicians. But I think we both have a chip on our shoulders, Let me take a step back and stop this foolishness. This is not jerry springer. I request we start all over again Rather than be enemies. We can confer and share out knowledge and do what we're here to do Help mechanics and landscapers with some mechanical knowledge. Truce?

(Offers hand shake through Comp) Lets get back to helping people, eachother and get off eachothers toes. I came outta nowhere with my knowledge and i approached it the wrong way.