Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-03-2013, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I totally missed the 300-500, but I was meaning profit wise are they gonna be good accounts? Sounds like they will be though.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-03-2013, 09:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Super day! Scored 6 Davis Island mini mansions in a row. All 6 had Zoysia installed a month ago. All 6 used same LCO who mowed for first time on Tuesday. Mowed at 2.5" with a 60" Exmark. Scalped the crap out of it. Wasn't a bad install but there's tree and other bumps. I got all 6, will be using the Mclane reel. 300 to 500 each. Lots of landscape too.
Posted via Mobile Device
HT131, FS80 (4), FS85 (3), FS90R (2), FS110R (3), FS130R (2), FS250 one bike, one loop, FS550 ("aka the Beast"), HL110k (2), FC110 (2), BR420 mag (3), BR600 Mag blowers (3) , 192T (2), 200T (1), MS290, MS261 (2), 660 a beast
880 more saw than anyone in Florida prob needs
Dolmar 7900
Old 10-03-2013, 11:28 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetz View Post
I totally missed the 300-500, but I was meaning profit wise are they gonna be good accounts? Sounds like they will be though.
Posted via Mobile Device
Absolutely. The fact I'm using a reel is what got me in. They want perfect yards and the other lco didn't know how to treat Zoysia or any of the other plants. They power hedged everything. Its a lot of work with Felcos and a trash can. They want perfection and they are willing to pay for it. Best part. Is everybody talks on the Island and it will lead to more. Chris Diamond would get wood over these places. It was pure luck. I was referred by my fert n squirt guy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2013, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Today was a bad day for wrecks. Saw an LCO run into a pickup and then a camry hit him in the back of a 16ft open. Heavy damage to the all. That was on Ehrlich. Then at noon another rearender on sb 275 backed traffic all the way to Bearss. Luckily I was going the other way. Too much construction on every major artery and shoulder to pull off on. I tell my guys every day give plenty of space since people just love to tap dance on that brake pedal.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-18-2013, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've seen accidents all over the place lately! At least a couple a day, and that's just what I've seen. They've been pretty bad too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-25-2013, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thought I would introduce my self here. I live in Valrico and serve the Bay Area. I only have a few accounts right now and they're all in Valrico but I'm looking to pick up some higher end residential homes in New Tampa, Fish Hawk and Apollo Beach. I just started my business back up a few months ago. I mowed in high school and college with a 36in Gravely WB, built up to 40 accounts and then sold them to a fried in the business when I joined the Navy. He sold most of them off when he downsized a year ago so I'm hoping I can get some back. I've always geared my self towards top quality high end work; it's always worked best for me. I've had good luck with high end clients in the past, I market and present my self as a professional and while I'm not the cheapest in town, I do great work and take my time, I make my accounts look good and I finish when I finish, I never overbook my self and always focus on doing good work vs profit margins. A lot of people seem to appreciate that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-25-2013, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Member

Tampa

I am currently not in the tampa area but looking to make some contacts and be there soon. I have remote control slope mowers that can mow retention ponds or wet lands and almost any slope safely from up to 1000 ft away. anyone have any use for my services I can come down for a demo, or a job at anytime.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Cornwallis View Post
Thought I would introduce my self here. I live in Valrico and serve the Bay Area. I only have a few accounts right now and they're all in Valrico but I'm looking to pick up some higher end residential homes in New Tampa, Fish Hawk and Apollo Beach. I just started my business back up a few months ago. I mowed in high school and college with a 36in Gravely WB, built up to 40 accounts and then sold them to a fried in the business when I joined the Navy. He sold most of them off when he downsized a year ago so I'm hoping I can get some back. I've always geared my self towards top quality high end work; it's always worked best for me. I've had good luck with high end clients in the past, I market and present my self as a professional and while I'm not the cheapest in town, I do great work and take my time, I make my accounts look good and I finish when I finish, I never overbook my self and always focus on doing good work vs profit margins. A lot of people seem to appreciate that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Welcome to our little corner of LS. We also have our very sub forum for Florida only topics, its located below the pesticide forum.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-25-2013, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundTech1 View Post
I am currently not in the tampa area but looking to make some contacts and be there soon. I have remote control slope mowers that can mow retention ponds or wet lands and almost any slope safely from up to 1000 ft away. anyone have any use for my services I can come down for a demo, or a job at anytime.
We don't have too many slopes steep enough for a remote control mower. Most of our ditches are swales. Wish I knew the name of the highway mowers, they might have use for you. Welcome all the same.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-25-2013, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Cornwallis View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Welcome
Posted via Mobile Device