Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-02-2013, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandFakers View Post
For cleanups I'm only at 35/ man hour. And I never show what the hourly price is, just add up the hours and multiply it by 35 and then add dump fees and there's my price. And estimating time will all come with time in the field.

That is how I do it but I try to get $40/hr no per hour price shown on bill just a total price.

Lots for sale
http://www.ebay.com/sch/approvedjdm/...&_trksid=p3692

Old 10-03-2013, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have a cleanup i will be doing next week. Ill post a copy of the estimate so you can see the breakdown..

Just to note a cleanup in south Florida usually never entails leaves. Its usually cleaning up palms, beds, pruning back shrubs and trees that were let go too long etc. Therefore, hourly rates won't be 70-90/hr as all that is used are mainly hand tools. If i end up getting done quicker than expected and i hit those numbers great, but the price isn't based on numbers in that range.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-03-2013, 01:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I never give a hourly rate. Only quote the job as a whole. If they don't like they price well then theres plenty of other guys out there that will do it cheaper. I hate hearing or seeing hourly rates like when you bring your car to get fixed and see the sign behind the mechanics desk that says $90/hr.
After you've done a few cleanups you'll start to understand how long they take. The biggest thing I've learned is to always walk the property and kick the leaves to see how deep it is. Ive bid a few jobs just from driving by and once I showed up to do the job with all my equipment find out that below the fluffy leaves from this season is a thick pile of leaves from last season. I packed my gear up and sent the owner another price which he didn't accept.
Just know your expenses and what you need to bring home at the end of the day to pay the bills and make a living. Fall clean ups are definitely a good money maker if you price things right and have the right tools. I always know my gas expenses during the fall grow compared to the spring and summer. If its a solo cleanup job I start at a minimum of $125-150, and thats for the smallest yard.
2007 Exmark 48" Turf Tracer HP 17hp
2 Shindaiwa Trimmers
Echo T755-H Backpack plower
JRCO dethatcher
6x14' Big Tex Open Trailer
Little Wonder 10hp blower
Echo T-150 Hedge Trimmer
Old 10-04-2013, 09:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

there are so many of these threads, try searching!

We charge a minimum of $330 + tax. Includes 2 visists Oct-Nov. about 90% of our fall cleanups are like this. Some have us cleanup every week of mowing if they have irrigation.