Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-03-2013, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
How about .net?
3 letter .net, .org, .com, and probably most of the more esoteric domains are gone. same goes for 4 letter domains.

Re: .nets, in general, in almost all circumstances, I don't recommend using a domain extension that requires further explanation of how to find your business. When people ask for your domain, especially a long one, having to then say, "Oh, and it's .net, not .com." creates a headache that could lose you that visitor.

In this situation, I'd go with Greg's suggestion and register the full name. For signage, you can capitalize and have a color variation to further aid quick readability.
PlatinumLandscapeMangement.com
Side note: To me, lawn care businesses should be looked at as any other business. When you are coming up with a name for your business, a trip to your favorite web registrar (namecheap, godaddy, etc) to check availability should be your first or second step.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
3 letter .net, .org, .com, and probably most of the more esoteric domains are gone. same goes for 4 letter domains.

Re: .nets, in general, in almost all circumstances, I don't recommend using a domain extension that requires further explanation of how to find your business. When people ask for your domain, especially a long one, having to then say, "Oh, and it's .net, not .com." creates a headache that could lose you that visitor.

In this situation, I'd go with Greg's suggestion and register the full name. For signage, you can capitalize and have a color variation to further aid quick readability.
PlatinumLandscapeMangement.com
Side note: To me, lawn care businesses should be looked at as any other business. When you are coming up with a name for your business, a trip to your favorite web registrar (namecheap, godaddy, etc) to check availability should be your first or second step.
I think you are right Tony, that looks good.

I like how Greg, you and I all spelled Management wrong in our posts lol
Old 10-03-2013, 01:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'm going to assume Greg and I are a victim of copy 'n paste. You, however, seem to be Patient Zero. lol
Old 10-03-2013, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
I'm going to assume Greg and I are a victim of copy 'n paste. You, however, seem to be Patient Zero. lol
I should get a 'free pass' since most of my posts are from a phone. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device