Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-29-2013, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Do not but camoplast tracks

I got about 1200 hours out of my oem cat tracks on my 257b. So we were looking around at tracks and pricing and finally decided to go with the camoplast against my better judgment. So anyways i get the tracks put them on. And about 150 hours the cogs start ripping off. I call the disruptor and they put me in touch with camoplast. Got the run around for about a week from them. Finally they start to respond make me send me pics of the tracks. They tell me something got in the undercarriage and destroyed it. Mind you my machine is a finish grading machine and that's all i use it for and little snow plowing. They tell me there's nothing they can do and I'm gonna have to buy another track. So i cut the lugs off and put the Larry lugs on. This happened about 6 months ago and I've been meaning to post this but been so busy. Then today 5 more lugs ripped off and reminded me of how pissed i am i bought these pos and wanna make sure no one waist they're money
Old 07-30-2013, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Hmmmm..... Different machine, but i am on my second set and couldn't be happier.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I think they make a quality embedded steel CTL/mini track but I've heard mixed reviews on the MTL tracks they produce. Lots of guys find them to be a good value.

Go hard, go fast, or go home
Old 07-30-2013, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

just wait till you rip of a larry lug! Just get out the pocketbook! I am glad that nightmare for me is over!! Good Luck with the Cat!
Old 07-31-2013, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have no choice but to put the Larry lugs on or in forced to but another track. I use my machine to finsh grade. Like i said i had great luck with the cat tracks. Should have just bought those again. Plus the Camoplast people were very rude and not willing to Work with me.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoeman376 View Post
I have no choice but to put the Larry lugs on or in forced to but another track. I use my machine to finsh grade. Like i said i had great luck with the cat tracks. Should have just bought those again. Plus the Camoplast people were very rude and not willing to Work with me.
Sorry to hear about your track troubles....it certainly sucks! Hopefully your next set treats you better!
Old 07-31-2013, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

sidenote...I do not think camoplast tracks are bad or the problem. There is a reason larry lugs are around in the first place. I ripped cogs off of cat tracks and ripped cat tracks in two, replaced them with camoplast tracks and traded it off!! Check your tension, most likely the that new track got loosened up, it seems like i was tightening my every week. best advice trade that machine off, I had 1500hrs on mine complete aftermarket undercarriage and it was running me 500-800/month in parts on the undercarriage to keep it going. I was landscaping/final grading no rock nice soft loam,
Old 08-01-2013, 08:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemover View Post
sidenote...I do not think camoplast tracks are bad or the problem. There is a reason larry lugs are around in the first place. I ripped cogs off of cat tracks and ripped cat tracks in two, replaced them with camoplast tracks and traded it off!! Check your tension, most likely the that new track got loosened up, it seems like i was tightening my every week. best advice trade that machine off, I had 1500hrs on mine complete aftermarket undercarriage and it was running me 500-800/month in parts on the undercarriage to keep it going. I was landscaping/final grading no rock nice soft loam,
Whew....I'm lucky I got a machine that wasn't built on a Friday or Monday like yours. I'm halfway between 2-3000 hours and all of my middle rollers are still original and I've only replaced my tracks (at just past 2000 hours) all four front idlers, sprocket rollers (I rotated my inner sleeves) and I've all four rear idlers. I'd put the reliability cost to operate my machine against any Bobcat I ever sold in the eight years that I sold them. I imagine I'd get much better life too if I was just in soft loam like you have down there.

ASV no longer uses Camoplast as a supplier. Maybe there's a reason.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Track Quality

I am frustrated with track quality.....our ground in North Alabama is the worlds worst on tracks. I have sold all brands of replacement tracks and it seems lately the quality everyone is putting out sucks. My customers use to average 800 to 1200 hours on tracks.......now they are averaging 550 to 800 hours...it is driving me crazy. I am now selling Trellborg tracks. So far they have held up well....We will see. If I ever find a track that will stand up to our ground they will have my business for life.....Trellgborg has promised that we will be happy with them and have made every effort to take care of me. We will see. Should be able to tell by next spring.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSKIDSTEER View Post
I am frustrated with track quality.....our ground in North Alabama is the worlds worst on tracks. I have sold all brands of replacement tracks and it seems lately the quality everyone is putting out sucks. My customers use to average 800 to 1200 hours on tracks.......now they are averaging 550 to 800 hours...it is driving me crazy. I am now selling Trellborg tracks. So far they have held up well....We will see. If I ever find a track that will stand up to our ground they will have my business for life.....Trellgborg has promised that we will be happy with them and have made every effort to take care of me. We will see. Should be able to tell by next spring.
I had trellborg tires on the menzi. By far the highest quality tires i've seen. Don't know about their tracks but would expect the same quality.
Posted via Mobile Device