Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-05-2013, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by C130FE View Post
Well it looks like the fuel filter may have fixed it. I changed it a few days ago, ran it for about 20 minutes, cut today and put 8/10's on the meter...no problems. This all started with only 10.3 hours on the mower so I didn't initially think the fuel filter could possibly be clogged. I've been buying non-ethanol from a place that only has it in the "pump out back"....I guess I will need to find another source.
I doubt ethanol is causing you problems unless the percentage is out of wack. I would be more afraid of buying from pump out back.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
I doubt ethanol is causing you problems unless the percentage is out of wack. I would be more afraid of buying from pump out back.
Agreed. I don't think ethanol would cause this problem. I was just trying use non-ethanol to prevent long term problems down the road and suspect that I may have gotten some bad gas since it appears the fuel filter clogged so soon. I had some gas left in a can from that place and I poured it into a glass jar today and looked at it. It appears good and clean. I mixed up a gallon of two stroke with it, put it in my saw and had no problems so I don't know......
Old 10-07-2013, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C130FE View Post
Agreed. I don't think ethanol would cause this problem. I was just trying use non-ethanol to prevent long term problems down the road and suspect that I may have gotten some bad gas since it appears the fuel filter clogged so soon. I had some gas left in a can from that place and I poured it into a glass jar today and looked at it. It appears good and clean. I mixed up a gallon of two stroke with it, put it in my saw and had no problems so I don't know......
could have been a defective filter.