Search

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2013, 09:31 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
Don't get much haggling on the way I write my bids up
I always sell my self. They can see it in black and white where there money is going .
A lot times if they try talk me down. I tell them lets compare bids. A lump price bid you cant compare to my bids. So customer will call the other contactor and ask. 90% time they don't want to break it down so the Customer cant compare apples to apples . 60% of time I'll get the job.

This is a good selling point for me. I tell them with there bid, you don't really know what you are getting.

Say I have a price of $1.75 per pound of seed and The lawn calls for 600lbs My price is $1050 and other guy has it his bid $400 seed. The lawn size is 60k
My price is broken down, So they know how many pounds per 1k they are getting
The other guy said he putting down 10lb per 1k of turf fescue but at the price of $400. There is no way he is putting down 10lbs. He buys from the same Seed company as I do and use same seed.

I bid on so many state jobs and they have to be itemized

That's funny about your home. My brother in law is a house builder and he breaks his down he been doing it for 20 years.
I put siding on my house and 3 contactors had there bids itemized all the way down to staples for the house wrap. They showed there cost and there markup.

Maybe around here people does it different

I see your point

So if you are building say block wall and you use 50 less blocks do you credit back to customer or do you still make them pay for them since you didn't install them.
But how much construction do you do? Your user name seems to be more heard towards cutting yards....
Posted via Mobile Device