Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-06-2013, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I think with the advent of the new 2 strokes Stihl has coming, we'll see a large 2 stroke BP before too long, and one that will run neck and neck if not outright outdo the competition.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
GG-

My BR600 held 47.3 oz of fuel. My Husky 570 holds 74.4 oz of fuel. They would both run right at 1.5 hours at WOT on a tank of fuel, and they did so consistently.

The 600 is a nice light, and powerful blower, but it is nowhere near as comfortable to wear for 8 hours a day like the Husky is. The shoulder harness on the Husky versions are the best out there on BP's right now..... by far where comfort is concerned. I think if guys would take better care of them and actually adjust the valves now and then, they'd have a much better rep than what they seem to get here.
What about the air cooled arrangement the RedMax's have on their backpack apparatus? Wouldn't that make them more comfortable in the heat (important issue for me). I am surprised that Husky hasn't taken that for the 570/580. I found a sale on the 8500's, same price as the 7500's so probably go that route.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:35 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUZMAN View Post
What about the air cooled arrangement the RedMax's have on their backpack apparatus? Wouldn't that make them more comfortable in the heat (important issue for me). I am surprised that Husky hasn't taken that for the 570/580. I found a sale on the 8500's, same price as the 7500's so probably go that route.
The Husky's have it, It's in behind the pads so that it doesn't blow directly on you like the Echo 770 does.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:58 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassGuerilla View Post
More to the point, both big Redmax blowers are awesome. Neither leaves its owner wishing they had spent the money elsewhere.

I do have a question for those saying the stihl br600 only lasted a couple years. Specifically, what failed? Just get hard to start? My curiosity stems from it being the most mechanically comic aged (edit: complicated, love auto correct) of the bunch (Dolmar not included). The very presence of a valve train makes for more stuff to wear out and fail. Or as I suspect, the valve train wears out before the P&C.

I'm also curious about fuel usage. Many claim them to be more efficient. Not my experience with the trimmers.
Posted via Mobile Device
I had one throw a valve & the other piston/rod. The 1st 2 had a one year warranty. The one I have now had a 2 year warranty and is 2 1/2 years old now and still going. Not knocking the Stihl, just telling you my experiences. I like it in every other way.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Maruyama

Did you look @ the Maruyamas at all? Maybe you dont have a dealer close. The 8200 is 450.44 (64.7cc) and the 5100 is 353.91 (45.5cc) prices are with IL tax.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallengineshop View Post
Did you look @ the Maruyamas at all? Maybe you dont have a dealer close. The 8200 is 450.44 (64.7cc) and the 5100 is 353.91 (45.5cc) prices are with IL tax.
Still waiting to hear about their future. As they are re-badged Kawasakis. They are excellent. Very reliable. But even the 8200 falls short of the Redmax 7050 (by quite a bit). I have a kawasaki krb700 (older version of the Maru 8200but almost identical). It's been an absolute champ of a blower. Dead reliable for years. Packed away for three years and then back into service for another couple years. Despite being worn out virtually everywhere, it still starts and runs in one or two pulls. I just might buy a new harness, and replace the busted heat shield. Trouble is Kaw handheld and Maru parts network is non-existant. Slow and expensive.

Absolutely a well made blower for regular use. Not my fist choice for leaf season.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-07-2013, 01:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Still waiting to hear about their future. As they are re-badged Kawasakis. They are excellent. Very reliable. But even the 8200 falls short of the Redmax 7050 (by quite a bit). I have a kawasaki krb700 (older version of the Maru 8200but almost identical). It's been an absolute champ of a blower. Dead reliable for years. Packed away for three years and then back into service for another couple years. Despite being worn out virtually everywhere, it still starts and runs in one or two pulls. I just might buy a new harness, and replace the busted heat shield. Trouble is Kaw handheld and Maru parts network is non-existant. Slow and expensive.

Absolutely a well made blower for regular use. Not my fist choice for leaf season.
Posted via Mobile Device
Im a dealer for Maruyama...but i know what you mean can be slow SOMETIMES got to love the equipment tho.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I will absolutely give them that. Every Maruyama tool I've used has been excellent. In terms of simple reliability, they are top shelf.

A few guys around here that run them on crews simply buy a spare unit to canabalize for parts. Then order parts to complete their "back-up" tool. Parts aren't needed much, but when they are it can be a joke. If they fix that parts supply, look out Stihl.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-11-2013, 02:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device
My dealer has Maruyama's as well as RedMax, et al. He likes the Maruyama's but complains that the parts availablity is killing him, but he is keeping them because they are good equipment. He had Dolmar but gave up on them due to no parts/assistance available. Said he sold a lot of their Chainsaws though and the customers loved them. He also has Tanaka but is giving them up also he says due to Tanaka going the low quality route and putting them in Walmart's, etc., damn shame also as I run Tanaka trimmers.
Was a Shindy dealer as well and when Echo screwed them up (his words) he dropped them. Damn shame as well cuz I still use Shindy chain and polesaws, absolutely love them! Oh well, plenty of good equipment out there, just go to weed through it to find the brand/kind you want, thank god he is going with an even bigger RedMax inventory, might have to go w/all RedMax lineup
Old 10-11-2013, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyuser View Post
Ditto! Just picked up my new br600 for $499 plus tax. Powerful, light weight and most important comfortable.
Yup just picked up my 3rd 600 today, never had one issue that wasn't my own doing, awesome blowers with great dealer support!
Posted via Mobile Device