Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-07-2013, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
You can fire the furthest valve for 1 minute from the controller, power off the clock, remove the common and MV wires. Connect a stationmaster to those wires and actuate the MV with all zones shut. Look at the meter until you are satisfied and hook the 2 wires back up. Then you can have a beer!!!!

Posted via Mobile Device
zactly, always reason to have a master. but this is not the thread topic, it is poly, or not to poly
Old 10-07-2013, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
zactly, always reason to have a master. but this is not the thread topic, it is poly, or not to poly
Look at post number 3 ( I think ) and the op opened the discussion to include MV's. You've been here long enough to realize that's the length of the normal on topic thread. Look at all the information and entertainment we would miss out on if we stayed on topic.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-07-2013, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

no i love it, these are 2 topics that i have debated numerous times, so as the OP i'm glad to get everyones thoughts on the subject(s)...however, it seems like it's a 50/50 discussion which ever way you look at it, so i don't have an absolute answer either way, but i've definitely learned a lot on this thread
Old 10-07-2013, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

when using typical res components, the dollar cost of a master valve figures to be less than an upgraded mainline, so what's to figure?
Old 12-02-2013, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Member

I used to always poopoo anyone that installed poly mains....mv or not. Now I've learned that as long as you are installing quality products within their operating range, you'll be fine. The only poly pipe I've seen in the past ten years having issues was that poly star crap that Central Irrigation Supply pushed off on everyone and the recycled resin varieties like Endot. I install both poly mains and PVC mains depending on the individual situation at each job.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Let me add that I would NEVER install poly through a basement or crawl space.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Poly inside a home would be a code violation anyway, although we never see the poly line from the well to the indoor pressure tank called out as a violation.

Curious thing about Endot poly, is that their NSF tubing has never been an issue.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Endot, silverline, blue diamond.......all crap. And then you have the 80PSI crowd that needs to save a couple dollars a roll. I will have to ask about it being a code violation, as I have not heard that, although it should be.

I should expand my comment to say that I would never install any plastic piping in the basement or crawl space including PVC, CPVC or PEX.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

the well-water trade will laugh at our slamming Endot, because they've used the heavyweight NSF stuff from Endot for decades without incident - only the utitlity-grade tubing was a fail, and it was on our time and dime
Old 12-04-2013, 07:08 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcn971 View Post
Endot, silverline, blue diamond.......all crap. And then you have the 80PSI crowd that needs to save a couple dollars a roll. I will have to ask about it being a code violation, as I have not heard that, although it should be.

I should expand my comment to say that I would never install any plastic piping in the basement or crawl space including PVC, CPVC or PEX.
Every $800,000 house I installed at in the last 3 yrs all the interior plumbing was either pex or cpvc. I still use copper for my tie ins.