Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-06-2013, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSKIDSTEER View Post
I am frustrated with track quality.....our ground in North Alabama is the worlds worst on tracks. I have sold all brands of replacement tracks and it seems lately the quality everyone is putting out sucks. My customers use to average 800 to 1200 hours on tracks.......now they are averaging 550 to 800 hours...it is driving me crazy. I am now selling Trellborg tracks. So far they have held up well....We will see. If I ever find a track that will stand up to our ground they will have my business for life.....Trellgborg has promised that we will be happy with them and have made every effort to take care of me. We will see. Should be able to tell by next spring.
Just a few months ago you where saying the same thing about camoplast?
Old 10-10-2013, 06:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I know......They are starting to fail...that is why I am frustrated.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:11 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
I know......They are starting to fail...that is why I am frustrated.
Then why are you promoting another track before you get Field reports back on it's durability. There is a reason why Bridgestones last and why they cost almost twice as much as all the aftermarket tracks. If you are pedalling cheap tracks as being as good as Bridgestones than the problem is not the tracks. I put my Camoplast tracks on and it only took me about a week too realize that they where not going too last like my OEMs did but hey they where cheap.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I am not...I am saying I am trying them.....Customers won't pay OEM prices....OEM's are not holding up like they use to....I am hearing this from customers running other brands of equipment.....It is discouraging....I do not have a supllier for Bridgstone. I may need to search for one so I can give the customer a choice...Deere uses DBR brand now.....So far Trellborg seems to be giving more bang for the buck, but I won't promise anything when it comes to tracks anymore. We use to get a couple hundren more hours on all our aftermarket tracks....I think price demand is dictacting the quality they are putting out.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
I am not...I am saying I am trying them.....Customers won't pay OEM prices....OEM's are not holding up like they use to....I am hearing this from customers running other brands of equipment.....It is discouraging....I do not have a supllier for Bridgstone. I may need to search for one so I can give the customer a choice...Deere uses DBR brand now.....So far Trellborg seems to be giving more bang for the buck, but I won't promise anything when it comes to tracks anymore. We use to get a couple hundren more hours on all our aftermarket tracks....I think price demand is dictacting the quality they are putting out.
My Tak salesman customers are still getting good service out of there OEM tracks. No change in quality that he has seen. Aftermarkets are almost half price so why would anyone expect equivalent service? The quality control on any of the chinese tracks is unverifiable. Camoplast are better than the Chinese stuff but not as good as the Bridgestone. I really abused my tracks and I got 1200 hours out of the oem. If I get 600 too 800 out of the Camoplast I will be satisfied. The camoplast tread design on there regular duty track is more prone too damage than the tracks with pads. If I had it too do over I would get the extreme duty track due too the tread pattern.