Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-10-2013, 02:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Rant so apparently my client has money to blow...

So one of my clients has a company they use for fall clean ups, and weeding. Why they use this company I am not sure. If you would like a service done inquire about it, as I am sure I have told you I provide the same service. I'm not up set with this other companies workers they are fine the two times I have had the chance to speak with them they have been cool. My issue is with the home owner Don't ask me to do the job you are paying them for. This is client #2 Im not crazy about. #1 is I want to watch you while you work.... is this normal?

44' Toro Prolline
36' Cub Cadet
Redmax EBZ 8000
Shindaiwa C2510
Tarps up the wazo
wheelbarrow
Mulch Shovel
Rakes ect

Wishlist: 2005 Silverado 2500 HD
BOSS 7'6" POWER-V STEEL BLADE
2Stage Snow Blower (I have to think of a loading system because these things are HEAVY)

~Entrepreneurship has provided me with a avenue to make money when corporate America hasn't.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:46 AM
Sponsor

Actually you are complaining. Your customer can hirer anyone he or she wants to. Your in business for yourself to serve your needs and your customers. It is completely normal for any customer to watch you work.
I believe you should stay focused on improving your own business. Offer your opinion or make a suggestion if you think it will help persuade your customer to come around to your point of view, that's called salesmanship. Otherwise press on. You will have far more important matters you will encounter in time that for the most part experience will prove your best solution.
easy-lift guy
Old 10-10-2013, 04:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

You are selected deemed on the services needed by the customer. Some choose the "single source" method which is what I thrive on, while others choose multiple contractors for whatever reason. I have one account that spends 20k in annual color with me, yet has a weed control service and a seperate mowing service from 2 other contractors: that's 3 total just for landscaping/lawn. All are services I provide.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-10-2013, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Be good to the client. That weeding has gotten the other guys foot in the door. Don't be surprised if they are shooting for your part just like you are thinking about theres
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-10-2013, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We have had the same problem. Customer who we do maintenance etc. for hires another local guy for "other" work. It is very annoying as I have had the conversation with our customer multiple times as that we provide all landscaping services.
But the reality of it is they are free to choose. We simply do the best we can so we don't land up replaced!
Keep your cool and keep moving forward.
Posted via Mobile Device