Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-30-2013, 08:01 PM
Mr Beaker Mr Beaker is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Plano Texas
Posts: 2
ISUZU Cabover question

I recently bought a 2006 ISUZU Cabover. Well, technically, it is the Chevrolet rendition with the 6.0 L Gas engine.

So far I have been happy with it. But I have a question. Where is the tire iron to loosen the lug nuts? I can't find it. Is it hidden somewhere or do they not come with them. I am afraid I will get a flat and not be able to do a simple change without it.

If they don't come with one, does anyone know where to buy one? It is pretty big I measured +/- 40mm this morning and has to be pretty deep to reach the back wheels nuts.

Also, any preferred sites to buy parts for these trucks online as opposed to the dealer?

Thanks in advance.

Mr Beaker.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-30-2013, 08:29 PM
gene gls's Avatar
gene gls gene gls is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Granville, Ma. 01034
Posts: 3,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Beaker View Post
I recently bought a 2006 ISUZU Cabover. Well, technically, it is the Chevrolet rendition with the 6.0 L Gas engine.

So far I have been happy with it. But I have a question. Where is the tire iron to loosen the lug nuts? I can't find it. Is it hidden somewhere or do they not come with them. I am afraid I will get a flat and not be able to do a simple change without it.

If they don't come with one, does anyone know where to buy one? It is pretty big I measured +/- 40mm this morning and has to be pretty deep to reach the back wheels nuts.

Also, any preferred sites to buy parts for these trucks online as opposed to the dealer?

Thanks in advance.

Mr Beaker.
My Mitsi didn't come with any tire tools, not even a spare. I called the truck repair shop when I had tire problems. They had a compressor and the proper tools on thier service truck to do the job very easy.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-30-2013, 09:34 PM
exmarkking's Avatar
exmarkking exmarkking is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 1,011
Even if it had one, I doubt you'd be able to break the lug nuts loose. Also you would have to have one hell of a jack to get the truck off the ground. Believe me...I've wondered the same thing.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-11-2013, 08:01 PM
4 seasons lawn&land's Avatar
4 seasons lawn&land 4 seasons lawn&land is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 3,345
yeah, the regular car tire shops around here often cant even get the lugs off the small cabover trucks with their tools.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-11-2013, 09:08 PM
123hotdog's Avatar
123hotdog 123hotdog is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bristol TN
Posts: 459
This sucks but I have two words for you. Roadside assistance. I have a spare at home and no way to change mine either. I'm gonna see if AAA would cover it. It prob won't but it'd be worth it if it would.
__________________
Licensed and Insured
Operating since 2007
1993 Isuzu NPR dove tail open bed 4cyl diesel
1978 F-350 Dump Truck
1988 Z-71 Chevy 4x4 Meyers Plow
2005 Chevy HD 2500 6.0
1989 Toyota One ton Flatbed
2013 61" Bad Boy Outlaw XP 36 Vanguard
2013 54" Bad Boy Outlaw Stander Kawasaki
2014 48" Wright Walk Behind
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-11-2013, 09:09 PM
windflower windflower is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: wilmington nc
Posts: 796
Bottle jack will lift it. I wouldn't even try to get those nuts off. Find a fleet service.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Chilehead Chilehead is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockbridge, GA
Posts: 1,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by windflower View Post
Bottle jack will lift it. I wouldn't even try to get those nuts off. Find a fleet service.
What if you had a 4' piece of pipe and a mini sledge? That would get the nuts to turn.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-11-2013, 09:42 PM
gcbailey's Avatar
gcbailey gcbailey is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: southern WV
Posts: 2,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilehead View Post
What if you had a 4' piece of pipe and a mini sledge? That would get the nuts to turn.
long enough cheater bar you can turn the earth!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-11-2013, 10:19 PM
exmarkking's Avatar
exmarkking exmarkking is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 1,011
A bottle jack and a long cheater bar would do it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-13-2013, 12:14 AM
DuallyVette DuallyVette is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 2,164
So, what is the torque specs for the lug nuts?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:57 PM.

Page generated in 0.07586 seconds with 9 queries