Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-10-2013, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Any Good Software?

Hey I was looking for a better way to schedule my yards. At the beginning of the season I made a simple excel spreadsheet but it mainly consists of copying and pasting from week to week, which leaves room for error since the frequency we do different yards ranges from 1-3 weeks. I was wanting to find a way to automatically update yards on the schedule. Each updating itself say 1 1/2 or 2 weeks. Whenever the yard needs to be done next. That way I dont have to memorize when each place needs to be done. If anyone has any software (hopefully free) that can do something similar I'd really like to get my hands on it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-13-2013, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You get what you pay for. Do a search for software on here and you'll find several good options.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:23 PM
LawnSite Member

You could try Grounds keeper lite
very inexpensive
Old 11-03-2013, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

ive used clip for what seems like a generation.

In my opinion there is no other choice.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Locqus App

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgodwin View Post
Hey I was looking for a better way to schedule my yards. At the beginning of the season I made a simple excel spreadsheet but it mainly consists of copying and pasting from week to week, which leaves room for error since the frequency we do different yards ranges from 1-3 weeks. I was wanting to find a way to automatically update yards on the schedule. Each updating itself say 1 1/2 or 2 weeks. Whenever the yard needs to be done next. That way I dont have to memorize when each place needs to be done. If anyone has any software (hopefully free) that can do something similar I'd really like to get my hands on it.
Posted via Mobile Device

I would suggest Locqus. I built it for my three trucks. Helps out a lot. Completely free, which is always a nice kicker! . QB integration and routing add ons will be coming soon.

Proud owner of Shamrock Landscaping LLC
Old 12-17-2013, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Member

TurfWizard

Mr. Godin,
I think Mr. McFarland is right. You absolutely get what you pay for. Free is good but good (and reasonable) is better. Let me make a suggestion. Look around a little bit and spend some time doing some research. You'll never know what system will be the best for you until you run it a while, can determine if it fulfills your needs and conclude whether or not you believe it's a good value. I say "do the research" because you have to have a good understanding of all the peripheral costs associated with the use of any system. What does adding users cost? What about technical support and additional features? What if you need some tutoring?
Now I'll make a request. Please take a look at www.turfwizardllc.com. The features are too numerous to list here but for the very reasonable cost of $39.95 per month you get complete access to a very robust system. If you want a number of your Associates/Employees to have access to the system, it's still only $39.95. Want to use all the features including the Quick Books interface, still $39.95. Need technical support or a little "how to" assistance, call us and we don't send you a bill for the additional time and service. We want our customers to be successful. If you have any questions and feel we can help, call our office at 203.888.1903. We'd love to chat with you.
Thanks,
Mike Lery
TurfWizard
Old 12-17-2013, 04:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well,

Seeing as these responses from Mr. Lery have been quite in line with my own. Also, feeling in the gambling mood as well. Perhaps it is the Detroit in me. Lets wager shall we? We will need a few companies to help determine the outcome. I shall wager a case of beer (your choice Mr. Lery). We will need a few companies to download our iphone and/or android app and use our web portal to give their feedback and reviews. Whichever way the choices/reviews fall shall be the winner. Challenge extended....

www.locqus.com let the fun begin.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Good Morning Mr. Proctor,

I don't know if it also comes from my mid-western roots (Chicago) but I find it difficult to walk away from a challenge..any challenge. I (we) therefore accept your wager. We are but three humble Fire Fighters from a small CT town trying to make our way in the world and I'm not sure that we can even compete in the same arena with the likes of Locqus, but stranger things have happened. After all, even Goliath fell to David, so we will give it a go. Have you given any thought to the parameters of this contest?

Mike
Old 12-26-2013, 12:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lery View Post
Good Morning Mr. Proctor,

I don't know if it also comes from my mid-western roots (Chicago) but I find it difficult to walk away from a challenge..any challenge. I (we) therefore accept your wager. We are but three humble Fire Fighters from a small CT town trying to make our way in the world and I'm not sure that we can even compete in the same arena with the likes of Locqus, but stranger things have happened. After all, even Goliath fell to David, so we will give it a go. Have you given any thought to the parameters of this contest?

Mike
Well then Detroit Vs. Chicago should be quite the battle then! We are but a handful of U of M students. I think it is more like two David's going at it. I would say we need 3 companies to try out both systems and provide constructive feedback on both. Will be beneficial for all involved.

Any contestants on this forum like to help us out?

www.locqus.com

Old 12-26-2013, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I would be interested in trying both systems. I currently use Jobber, and have used various programs in the past from Peachtree to Groundskeeper pro.

Let me know