Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-12-2013, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
5-16 acres, wow. I see the need for the larger decks. Are there many spaces on the small lots that the 72 will not fit where the 60 did. Maybe one 72 and one 60 mower? But whatever works for you as you know your situation better than anyone else.
I cut mainly commercial businesses, parks, common areas, and resorts. The 72" will be best for the majority of my contracts, and I already have two 60" mowers that I have done major rehabs too. Just need to replace wheel motors and hydro's on hustler and will be good to go. Ferris deck has been replaced and beefed up so should last way longer. My smaller accounts most have driveways to enter which I use to get in. I don't touch anything that I cant get my big machines into, maybe in 6 months or so I will get two 36" machines to get into that market, but am happy with what we are doing right now. Most small yards here are really uneven and full of rocks, bottles, debris, and seems like too much of a headache to deal with. Thanks for the advice, and suggestions.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
They beefed the rubber composition in the flex forks, I bought the first set my dealer had come into his business, and it was only "one" set that arrived at that particular time. The best I can remember they began weakening at around 100 hrs., and they were replaced at 150 hrs. The next set seem to be manufactured from a more stiff rubber and are still running with no problems at close to 1200 hrs.

I feel they definitely had to strengthen the forks on the 72 with its extended length, if not it would spring around like a jack-in-the-box, and I have not noticed this in the least.

You've got to stop collecting money long enough to run the mower and at least give us your thoughts, and hopefully give us a speed. I can promise you this, and come back to correct me if I'm wrong, you are about to have your mind blown by what this machine is capable of productivity-wise, and I mean totally blown, you will honestly find it hard to believe.
I will definitely use the mowers, and run them myself for at least a few of my accounts I love playing with new toys. I will also post picks maybe tonight or tomorrow of some stuff we cut with our machines. The new mowers will only be used on our nice accounts that we have been cutting for a long time. I will try to get your distance, time test you use to get real speed cause I am interested in that too. I am very excited about getting these machines, I wish I had bought them to begin with, but am glad I didn't cause I would have gotten the 60" and Mick has had nothing but problems with that size deck. Based on your video, input, and my experience with my old hustler z is why I am going with these machines. I know you said the flex forks are more worth it just have to slow down gradually to not dip. That is easy enough to do, but do you think they are stronger than the original forks as in less likely to break than regular forks that com on machine? Thanks for your suggestions, and opinions as always.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
5-16 acres, wow. I see the need for the larger decks. Are there many spaces on the small lots that the 72 will not fit where the 60 did. Maybe one 72 and one 60 mower? But whatever works for you as you know your situation better than anyone else.
People under estimate a 72, my dealer talked me into a 60 and then I bought a 72 and I was like what the F. It really shocked me, if you know how to finess the pedal a 72 cuts small properties with no problem and on small properties it is about the same speed as a 60.

I am talking small lawns but on larger properties it kills a 60 bad and I am talking like 1/2 acre and bigger, CM Kill is not going to believe how much time it saves. Puppy will tell you a new HD is a mowing mofo. It slaughtered his 66 Super and that is no slouch.

One of the things I noticed about a 72 was because the rear wheels are wider it slows it down when you pivot so it tears the grass less.

My 72 is a way better mower than my 60. I am surprised CM kill has had such luck with his older Super because alot of people did have problems with the machine in the drive but I believe in 2005 they used the older deck design and most people liked it better than the XR7.

I am sorry he had problems with his Ferris because the last thing you want is to spend over 10 grand and have a headache non productive mower.

The Ferris concept is good but it needs to be built better and faster.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
People under estimate a 72, my dealer talked me into a 60 and then I bought a 72 and I was like what the F. It really shocked me, if you know how to finess the pedal a 72 cuts small properties with no problem and on small properties it is about the same speed as a 60.

I am talking small lawns but on larger properties it kills a 60 bad and I am talking like 1/2 acre and bigger, CM Kill is not going to believe how much time it saves. Puppy will tell you a new HD is a mowing mofo. It slaughtered his 66 Super and that is no slouch.

One of the things I noticed about a 72 was because the rear wheels are wider it slows it down when you pivot so it tears the grass less.

My 72 is a way better mower than my 60. I am surprised CM kill has had such luck with his older Super because alot of people did have problems with the machine in the drive but I believe in 2005 they used the older deck design and most people liked it better than the XR7.

I am sorry he had problems with his Ferris because the last thing you want is to spend over 10 grand and have a headache non productive mower.

The Ferris concept is good but it needs to be built better and faster.
Real slow I don't have any idea you guys are right and that's exciting me. The hustler I have is not a super z its the old regular z. I bought that back when I lived in Florida to cut my home property which was 3 acres back then I had a lot more expendable income so bought it to save time cutting the yard, was a real estate agent back then. This business educates the heck out of you on a daily bases; couldn't even begin to change the oil on a regular push mower back then. Now I change hydro pumps replace wheel motors, swap out engines its incredible. I figured I should try to get into this business hardcore, being that my properties have not sold as yet so that's why I am upgrading, and getting the bagger system. I will now focus on growing this business instead of waiting for something else. Lets see how it plays out.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Why did you leave America? this country is going to completely collapse and people are just dumb here. You are smart to leave.

I did not realize you had the lower end model, it sounds like a better mower than the older Super Z. You only buy the Super if you need the speed for the most part. My Super 60 cut like 40% more grass than my Deere 60 but I needed the speed for this one job.

Other than that people had alot of problems with the OLD White wheel motors.

Last edited by Realslowww; 10-12-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Market crashed and I was a real estate agent in central Florida. Income dropped dramatically, and thought I would give Belize a try. Definitely not paradise down here, but far less stress.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
Hard to say! Is so dry here atm but what I am cutting is being spread very well, for the most part. Im still waiting on some bits n pieces to try out as when we do start getting rain, Im sure the clumps will happen again.
What I will say is Im sure I would of got at least some clumping if not for my mods but I have been very pleased lately with the discharge. But like I said, its super dry, mini drought at the moment. Moisture in the grass obviously plays a big part in the problem.
Mini drought down here too man, was pretty busy in beginning of spring, now its slowed back to almost winter conditions from the heat & no rain! wish the heavens would wake up and have a big cry, so I wont have to
Old 10-13-2013, 08:17 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimkill View Post
Market crashed and I was a real estate agent in central Florida. Income dropped dramatically, and thought I would give Belize a try. Definitely not paradise down here, but far less stress.
A lot of people are moving to S America, you were probably smart because our rulers have big plans for the USA with UN 21. Most people have no idea, America has been sold and the new owners are the people we fought the revolutionary war to get away from.

I am in Gainesville in FL, the economy here is crashing bad, FL was hit hard and the whole country is going down the tubes.

If you have any complaints with this system being setup world wide file them with England and the City of London. They figured out by counterfeiting the money and not being audited they could rule the world.

If you do not understand what I am saying you can go to Bernie Sanders Web site and see the first look at the Federal Reserves counterfeiting operations books and what they did in the bailout. Any person with half a brain should know by now who our real rulers are!
Old 10-13-2013, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
A lot of people are moving to S America, you were probably smart because our rulers have big plans for the USA with UN 21. Most people have no idea, America has been sold and the new owners are the people we fought the revolutionary war to get away from.

I am in Gainesville in FL, the economy here is crashing bad, FL was hit hard and the whole country is going down the tubes.

If you have any complaints with this system being setup world wide file them with England and the City of London. They figured out by counterfeiting the money and not being audited they could rule the world.

If you do not understand what I am saying you can go to Bernie Sanders Web site and see the first look at the Federal Reserves counterfeiting operations books and what they did in the bailout. Any person with half a brain should know by now who our real rulers are!
I will look at it later on. I don't think its that bad back home now, my sister and friends say its picking back up now. I think looking back at it now I over reacted with the move. I am here now and am making it work have some other things I am working on too, so will stay here for sure for at least a few more years. I will not go back till Obama's out. Trust me I am down here, and have family in England, wifes family in Brazil, and America is the best place to live, I believe that now that I am away
Old 10-13-2013, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimkill View Post
I will look at it later on. I don't think its that bad back home now, my sister and friends say its picking back up now. I think looking back at it now I over reacted with the move. I am here now and am making it work have some other things I am working on too, so will stay here for sure for at least a few more years. I will not go back till Obama's out. Trust me I am down here, and have family in England, wifes family in Brazil, and America is the best place to live, I believe that now that I am away
It is not going to last, go look at the map of UN 21. IT IS REAL! there are alot of issues here but Obama is slated to be our last president if they can pull it off.

They are on the ropes because people are figuring the con out, As soon as the petro $ is trumped America is done! These people are the greatest con men ever.

Just enjoy your new mowers, I am Jealouse I wish I had work like that to mow. I am a simple Simmon and love mowing grass. Big accounts only!