Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-18-2013, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon50EX View Post
I have a friend moving to Dallas TX. They are going to sod his new lawn what type of sod works best in the area??
What verity would you use

Training them early
Old 10-10-2013, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Member

CRAZY w/KR Bluestem!!

The King Ranch Bluestem is driving me crazy and I can't keep up with the glyphosate treatments on new customer's lawns. Has anyone found something that works as a broadcast or zone spray that will severely suppress this stuff? I guess I am looking for any anecdotal potions that I can try. As far as I know, there is nothing really labelled for KR Bluestem or am I mistaken? I appreciate all suggestions and comments. Biz is good! Mother Nature keeps bringing it on!!
Old 10-10-2013, 06:47 PM
LawnSite Member

It seems similar to Dallisgrass, you may have to hit it with a non selective herbicide, we will be going in to the dormant season so it would be a good time. That's what I did with the Dallisgrass problems..
Old 10-10-2013, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Roger that!

Hey, thanks for the reply. Maybe misery just loves company. All I have been doing is hitting with glyphosate since we are in a good time for a thorough kill of root system. This stuff is just crazy even on a few EXISTING lawns it has invaded especially in stressed bermuda. I have tried MSMA on it in the past but it seems to be 50/50 success the following spring on existing clumps.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey WeedMan! Good to see someone else from Weatherford on here. I live in Granbury now but was raised in Weatherford. Still do business in Weatherford, Granbury and Aledo. Welcome! I think I have actually seen you out and about a few times. Do you have a lawn or two out right next to the Parker County Airport in that subdivision? I think you treat one right across the street from one of my clients out there.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey Woody! Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I have about a dozen or so customers in that Parker Oaks neighborhood and I actually live there. I checked out your website - looks great. I am always looking for someone I can refer customers to if they are in need of your type service. Give me a shout if you see me out and I'll be looking for you as well.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll do that!
Old 10-13-2013, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeedManWeatherford View Post
The King Ranch Bluestem is driving me crazy and I can't keep up with the glyphosate treatments on new customer's lawns. Has anyone found something that works as a broadcast or zone spray that will severely suppress this stuff? I guess I am looking for any anecdotal potions that I can try. As far as I know, there is nothing really labelled for KR Bluestem or am I mistaken? I appreciate all suggestions and comments. Biz is good! Mother Nature keeps bringing it on!!
Msm turf works great on Bahia grass, and doesn't set the Bermuda back. It isnt labeled to kill kr bluestem, but it might since its a similar to bahia. I have some mow-n-goes with kr bluestem in them, but haven't tried it on them.
Here's the label for msm.
http://www.quali-pro.com/files/177/
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-16-2013, 12:12 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm looking for someone to service my grandmothers place in colleyville. After trying to contact over 1/2 dozen companies in the area I have been unable to get someone there. As a lco myself, I'm blown away by the horrible service I have received at every company I reached out to down there.

Can anyone help me out here?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-16-2013, 02:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris112lee View Post
I'm looking for someone to service my grandmothers place in colleyville. After trying to contact over 1/2 dozen companies in the area I have been unable to get someone there. As a lco myself, I'm blown away by the horrible service I have received at every company I reached out to down there.

Can anyone help me out here?
Posted via Mobile Device
Here is a friend of mine who works that area.
His name is Landon. I don't remember his company name. Phone number 817-501-7177
Posted via Mobile Device