Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-14-2013, 08:59 AM
LawnSite Member

redmax trimmers not what they use to be?

I loved my old redmax trimmers had the 32cc. Since husquavarna bought redmax i have noticed the quality drop way low. I have bought 3 new redmax trimmers with the new stratocharge enginge and have had all in the shop. I use non ethanol gas and keep the filters clean but for some reason after a while they begin to lose power?

Anyone else run into the same problem with their new redmax trimmer.

love to find some never used old models of redmax.

I think i will be selling my new redmax gear and going with stihl next year
Old 10-14-2013, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

my redmax's are a lot more reliable than my stihl's. you might want to check the spark plug boots. one of mine started to act up and after spending $100 on new parts i figured out it was only a bad connection

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

While my stihls are running great, they also need adjustments made somewhat more frequently than I wish. I was looking in to red max next spring. Would like to hear what others have to say about the new redmax trimmers
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-14-2013, 10:41 AM
LawnSite Member

no problems of any kind with my RedMax stuff. Non-ethanol 93 octane and running them wide open.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffy77 View Post
I loved my old redmax trimmers had the 32cc. Since husquavarna bought redmax i have noticed the quality drop way low. I have bought 3 new redmax trimmers with the new stratocharge enginge and have had all in the shop. I use non ethanol gas and keep the filters clean but for some reason after a while they begin to lose power?

Anyone else run into the same problem with their new redmax trimmer.

love to find some never used old models of redmax.

I think i will be selling my new redmax gear and going with stihl next year
It isn't just Redmax. All small 2 stroke machines are suffering/going down hill under the weight of all the obama adminstration's overbearing epa regs.

Using a good quality 2 stroke oil helps as does using the best gas you can find. Your oil may be causing your exhaust screens to plug up as well as the ports. Check them. Maybe that's all that is causing your power loss.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:17 PM
LawnSite Member

I think all weed eaters are not what they used to be, I remember back in the 90s when I first started, weed eaters were just more powerful.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree. I had a brand new BCZ3060TS burn the piston up with only 8 hours of use. On top of that, it was a POS cold blooded turd. I have a new 2660TS, and love it however...

I knew things were going down hill with 2 cycles, so I bought several Shindaiwa chainsaws and Shindaiwa 230s several years ago. I still have new ones in the box.

One thing that has surprised me is that the back pack blowers are not suffering. Those are better than ever. The bigger engines must do alright with the stratocharging.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The BPs are larger engines operating under a greater load which is a factor that helps them to warm up according to my old RM dealer. Even the HH RM blowers were not all that great 10 yrs ago.

One can blame HH cold-bloodedness on Obama...or perhaps it is govt/EPA mandates. LOL Pretty sure these were set in motion more than a while ago.
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 10-14-2013, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Redmax has a line of "Max-Torque" trimmers that are better than others. I have had no problems with mine since switching to this series.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valk View Post
The BPs are larger engines operating under a greater load which is a factor that helps them to warm up according to my old RM dealer. Even the HH RM blowers were not all that great 10 yrs ago.

One can blame HH cold-bloodedness on Obama...or perhaps it is govt/EPA mandates. LOL Pretty sure these were set in motion more than a while ago.
I do blame them on him and his version of the EPA bro. Take a look at what they have done under his administration. They have tightened up regs far, far more than any other time in history. All my dealers are saying the same thing once we get to talking about the problems with new hand helds, it isn't just me.