Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-13-2013, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i completely missed the fact that this was going to be a 2 mix again...i don't like the newer 4's, way too much torque, we have had a huge problem with breaking windows since switching exclusively to stihl 100's...i would much rather prefer a 2 mix over the 4...i would like to stick with stihl since i like our dealership, hopefully stihl will get it figured out soon before we switch to another brand

we used to have the old shindaiwas, the 231's i believe (they were blue). best trimmer i've ever used
Old 10-14-2013, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbell36 View Post
i completely missed the fact that this was going to be a 2 mix again...i don't like the newer 4's, way too much torque, we have had a huge problem with breaking windows since switching exclusively to stihl 100's...i would much rather prefer a 2 mix over the 4...i would like to stick with stihl since i like our dealership, hopefully stihl will get it figured out soon before we switch to another brand

we used to have the old shindaiwas, the 231's i believe (they were blue). best trimmer i've ever used
It will be a 2-mix. The 94 will be for sale in spring 2014 so that should be the end of your troubles

Old 12-21-2013, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorcupineLawnCare View Post
It will be a 2-mix. The 94 will be for sale in spring 2014 so that should be the end of your troubles
I have them on my shelf for sale $349! Also getting a demo this next week. I hear all this talk about the shafts, found out after becoming a dealer they give a lifetime warranty on all shafts even flex cable... I was ticked off after hearing that my dealer never told me....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-10-2014, 08:42 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

i had my hands on this trimmer yesterday at northern green expo. seems lighter than my echo 265. i dont know much about stihls cc's to compare them power wise. i will probably pick one up this spring to replace my echo 230. the throttle lock it what has me interested
Old 01-10-2014, 01:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimslawncareservice View Post
i had my hands on this trimmer yesterday at northern green expo. seems lighter than my echo 265. i dont know much about stihls cc's to compare them power wise. i will probably pick one up this spring to replace my echo 230. the throttle lock it what has me interested
Jim, all the specs are listed on Stihl's site for the new 94. That throttle lock looks interesting to me too.

24.1 cc
1.2 HP.
10.1 lbs.

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/tri...onal-trimmers/
Old 01-10-2014, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Jim, all the specs are listed on Stihl's site for the new 94. That throttle lock looks interesting to me too.

24.1 cc
1.2 HP.
10.1 lbs.

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/tri...onal-trimmers/
ok. last i knew it wasnt there. i get tired if looking for info when new stuff is coming out. well anyway the throttle lock like it will work great as long as the inside components are well built and designed. it seemed lighter than 10 lbs. it also seemed better balanced than other stihls. i also had my hands on an echo that i have at the show. was pretty simular.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:59 PM
LawnSite Member

ya i cant wait for this trimmer to hit the shelf in fl .I still have an fs80 that is still running there great trimmers i hope this trimming fs94 is do the same
Old 01-15-2014, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Glad to see its a 2 cycle. Although I have had very good luck with the 4 mix STIHLs.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

guess the 4 mix must not be the end all engine sthil thinks it is. otherwise why go back to 2 stroke and use redmax engines
Old 01-23-2014, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Don't I remember Stihl saying they had to go to the 4 cycle engine because in a few years none of the 2 strokes would be able to pass EPA requirements? And by going to the 4 strokes now they would be far ahead of the competitors.
Now it's a few years later and they are going back to 2 strokes. Wonder what the propaganda line is this time.