Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-10-2013, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I don't think this shutdown is helping our businesses any. I think it shatters consumer confidence. I think it cost consumers a lot of money in the stock market. This should have been handled in the voting booth years ago OR you have to wait until the next election. I see the economy improving a lot around here. Industry and retail expansion happening everywhere. That is what we want to happen as business owners who depend on business and consumer spending. Budget battles are no good for us, in my opinion. After all is said and done, we will still be stuck with Obama care for at least a couple of years. We will need it because this threat of defaulting is going to give everyone a Stroke
Chill out, nothing will happen if the Government is forced to have a BALANCED BUDJET!
Old 10-10-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
Chill out, nothing will happen if the Government is forced to have a BALANCED BUDJET!
Dream on
Old 10-15-2013, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Dream on
Don't sweat it, the grass will still grow.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:09 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I haven't heard to many stories of the affect the gov shutdown has had on our industry but my oldest son is an apprentice airplane mechanic. The firm he works for and the FAA has signed off for him to take his exams and test for his licenses. He (I) have paid (months ago) reservations for the two week class, testing and hotel reservations in Tennessee. We live on the coast so it is not a short drive. He is supposed to be there this weekend to start classes. He glanced at the schools website last night and on the first page it states that due to the gov shutdown, testing will not take place. A call from the school would have been nice. Now he is just waiting to see if the gov opens back up and if so, do they have time to meet the testing requirements. This is not a cheap endeavor and quite frankly sucks. Try to advance your career and the gov says......not so fast!
Old 10-15-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Don't sweat it, the grass will still grow.
My customers sit around watching FOX news all day. They think Obama is the anti Christ. That the world is coming to end like in the book of Revelations. That Obama is going to give their SS checks to China. That Obama Care is going to put them on a Alien ship so they can get "probed". The others have lost money in the stock market. The last thing they care about is getting their grass cut
I wish I were kidding
Old 10-15-2013, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
My customers sit around watching FOX news all day. They think Obama is the anti Christ. That the world is coming to end like in the book of Revelations. That Obama is going to give their SS checks to China. That Obama Care is going to put them on a Alien ship so they can get "probed". The others have lost money in the stock market. The last thing they care about is getting their grass cut
I wish I were kidding
That's Funny!

I kid you not outside of Lawnsite and the TV I have not had one single person mention to me anything about government shutdown and or the debt limit. Not even one, customer, friend, home depoit check out babe NONE whatsoever.

Gas is down, stocks are up, and IM eating 4.99$ NY steak this afternoon, whens the last time you could buy a good steak for under 8$ per pound. Just saying Im actually doing slightly better under the government shutdown
Old 10-15-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
That's Funny!

I kid you not outside of Lawnsite and the TV I have not had one single person mention to me anything about government shutdown and or the debt limit. Not even one, customer, friend, home depoit check out babe NONE whatsoever.

Gas is down, stocks are up, and IM eating 4.99$ NY steak this afternoon, whens the last time you could buy a good steak for under 8$ per pound. Just saying Im actually doing slightly better under the government shutdown
As long as the Crimson Tide is rolling along to the Championship, Alabamians have a what me care what goes in the rest of the world attitude
Old 10-15-2013, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
As long as the Crimson Tide is rolling along to the Championship, Alabamians have a what me care what goes in the rest of the world attitude
Last year bama lost their only game to Texas, the same week Obama won the election, I kid you not it was a real bad week for the State.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Last year bama lost their only game to Texas, the same week Obama won the election, I kid you not it was a real bad week for the State.
I think I heard the weeping, wailing and gnashing of Teeth all the way over here that week
Old 10-15-2013, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What we have in Washington is a vacuum of leadership on all sides, but mainly in the Whitehouse. No one bothered to vet Obama in 2008, I guess the media was afraid of being called racist, and now we have him re-elected and he still doesn't have a clue of how to lead. What happened to his promises of bringing everyone together? We are the most divided I have ever seen, and who is the main culprit? Obama. The buck stops with him.
Husqvarna 223L Trimmer
Husqvarna 326LS Trimmer
Husqvarna 580BTS Blower
Husqvarna BT150 Blower
Kawasaki KHDS600 Hedge Trimmer
Toro Multi-Tool
RedMax BM46i Backpack Sprayer
Carry On 5.5 x 10 Open Trailer
2004 Toyota Tacoma

The next time someone complains about your pricing, ask them how much their barber would charge to come over and cut their hair.